Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 10th Annual Ornament Swap 2019 - Sign-up due by October 30

Only waiting on two to let me know they received. Thank you to each of you for fulfilling your obligation to this swap on time. Makes hosting wonderful.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

I think my DGS's would love the little ninja's, Soo cute Betty

Have we set a time yet for the 11th?

I'm waiting, not very patiently to open my little padded envelope.

But I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty J View Post
    Ninja and baseball Gingers made for my two litle Grandsons, 6 and 4, who do Karate and go to T-Ball. Also Nativity embroideries onto white Velveteen that I made into heart shaped ornaments for a dear friend. Christmas Zipp bags and FSL appliqué ornaments also made for gifts.
    Oh my!
    I missed these somehow. They are all wonderful betty. Your work is impeccable.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Since we are all in different time zones, I say anytime on the 11th. I believe everyone has their ornament. Do we want to make opening day this Sunday, the 7th?
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    Do we want to make opening day this Sunday, the 7th?
    Fine with me. I can't wait much longer!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Sounds okay to me for 12-7-2019

Okay... opening day will be December 7th. Anytime as we are all in different time zones. Remember to post pictures.

Awesome, less waiting!

Sunday the 7th is fine with me also.
    "A Man who never made a mistake, never made anything"........author unknown but a favourite quote of my late FIL.

Sunday 7 is ok with me too/ Guess you'll be first off the rank Betty, followed by me unless we have any New Zealanders in the swap.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Great idea! The 7th it is. Thanks for moving up the date. We are all happy to open early, I am sure.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Three days is not so bad. Dec 7 sounds good to me also.

How is the weather down under? I'm so use to having snow and cold for Christmas, experienced a few Christmas's in South Carolina so have watched the tinsel blow in the air conditioner. It was so weird wearing shorts and a t-shirt while decorating the house.

I dont think the weather here knows what its doing.Where I live its been in the high 30's 40s. watching the the weather one weeks its high 30s all over and raging bush fires, then its snowing on the great dividing range last week.

oh goodie, 48 hours to go!
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
    I dont think the weather here knows what its doing.Where I live its been in the high 30's 40s. watching the the weather one weeks its high 30s all over and raging bush fires, then its snowing on the great dividing range last week.
    I'm assuming it's Centigrade! our high today was I think 32 (Fahrenheit).

[QUOTE=Dedemac;8336718]I'm assuming it's Centigrade! our high today was I think 32 (Fahrenheit).[/QUOTE

It is actually Celsius now. I am on the East Coast where as Marion is on the West Coast. We are pretty hot here and we have hot dry winds as well. We have many bush fires burning on several fronts causing lots of smoke and smokey hazes. We are also in the 40's plus. Every state in the country has had an unprecedented bush fire season. Thankfully we are not in any danger from the fires and we do have air conditioning to save us from the smokey situation. We leave for Germany on the 16th and although it will be very cold it will also be a welcome change from the severe heat.
    "A Man who never made a mistake, never made anything"........author unknown but a favourite quote of my late FIL.

yea tomorrow can't come fast enough.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Just dawned on me the 7th is Saturday. Sunday is the 8th. Opening day will be Saturday!!! One sleep away.

Okay, I was thinking Sunday but you are right, it is already lunch time on Saturday the 7th here so I will go ahead and open my swap. Thank you for the reminder.

Here are pictures of my tree top Angel that I originally made 29 years ago for a McCalls Pattern and I gave her a make over about 5 years ago. I took her apart, washed her and made new arms as the wire I have put in originally rusted. I believe I replaced the wire with a zipp tie, still enough to do the job. Now she is still as good as new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, I have opened my swap from PamelaOry. Thank you so much, the Santa bag is delightful and I love the retro Santa fabric on the back. Ornaments are lovely ( I reconise them from the Anita Goodesign embroidery designs that I also have) Charm packs will be very useful and the standard seam guide will be a much used tool. I don't have one of these so thank you ever so much, Pamela for being my swap partner.

I almost forgot to mention that the quilt picture on the card has a link on the back to the pattern, how good is that?

I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Blog Entries
    Oh, what a pretty way to start the ornament openings, Betty!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I woke up early this morning with a downpour happening outside. So I had to open my lovely gift from terriamn with my morning coffee. Thank you so much for the terrific ornaments and the fabric, terri. I think the box and wrapping showed so much care and joy of the giving spirit.
    Merry Christmas Quilt ornament swap members. I hope it is a happy one.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

I opened mine this morning too but haven't had time to get on here. A big thank you to Rachael for the most beautiful little cross stitched snow man and Christmas fabric. Snow man is now hanging on my tree and only 8 1/2 hrs till SS opening. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and maybe you'll have a white Christmas? Does Germany have snow? Travel safely everyone over the Christmas break.Name:  IMG_2561.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  1.56 MB
    Last edited by m-fay; 12-07-2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: forgot to add photo

Good Afternoon! I was finally putting the ornaments on our tree, its been up for a few days with lights only. Then I remembered I can open my package! Thank you Eyes for the lovely beaded ornaments and the cloth and towel. I'll post pictures latter but need to find hangers for the angel and snowflake so they can go on the tree!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast