Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 09-20-2013, 11:56 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but I will say I've enjoyed every envelope that has come by way so far and am sure I'll enjoy another one on Monday!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
I am getting excited....I am the only birthday baby for October! I will be PMing my address to you all.
Well, getter done!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:30 AM

getting it done..........PMing my address to everyone now. happy dance time!!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 PM

I got home from visiting my daughter and family in Utah and my mail box was over flowing. I had so much fun opening each envelope yesterday and seeing all the yummy candy and goodies that came my way. If you are wondering if your package made it, here is a list of all I have so far:

Jarenie, Aquiltymama, Ahwu, Mariposa, Sustraley, Honchey, Abdconsultant, Carrot, Nis, Sewmany, Fraew, Mitcham, Gandee1, Lisa_wanna_b_quilter, WMUTeach, Barbarakibler23, Goldendog55, Sew4nin, Nurse Bonnie, JNCT14, Mamaskeeto, Darcene, SheriR

Thanks everyone for your sweet treats. It made my day.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:15 PM

In my last post I told how the sweet young thing at the p.o. was going to charge $2.09 each for my candy shipment. Went back today and there she was (oh, dread) and another long time employee. We waited and waited while the seasoned employee helped untangle and redo the transaction the "new" one had done.....I was sweating it but luckily I got the seasoned employee and everything went smoothly and the candy shipped for 86 cents, My husband even said the seasoned one was really put out and was not wearing her usual smile......

Bottom line is that the September and October shipments have been sent....hope you enjoy

Tomorrow we leave for Colorado (our home state) to attend a wedding in Lyons CO...the place that was almost washed away by the floods.....no idea what is going on as no communication from the bride and groom, groom's mother did day the venue is impassible but the bride is sure everything will work itself out...oh, the innocence of babes. Don't think the highway dept. will have several roads and a bridge rebuilt within a week. At least we will visit with several family members.

Happy Birthday to all Sept and Oct. gals
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 AM

Hey Mary Brace I had the same thing happen yesterday when I wentvto Guilford to mail October candy. Guy was very nasty andcsaid it was a package not an envelope. When I said that Durham PO always charges .86 he said he would (grudgingly) charge me the same but that Durham was wrong. No wonder the USPO keeps losing business their customer service is lousy. Anyway Happy Birthday Barb your candy went out yesterday.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 PM

I have received almost all of my candy. Instead of listing all the names I'm listing by month so it won't take so long.

March babies -- all received
April babies -- all received
May baby - received
June - one pending
July - one pending
August baby -- received
September babies -- all received
October baby -- received
November -- one pending
December baby -- received
January babies -- one pending
February babies -- all received
Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
I have received almost all of my candy. Instead of listing all the names I'm listing by month so it won't take so long.

March babies -- all received
April babies -- all received
May baby - received
June - one pending
July - one pending
August baby -- received
September babies -- all received
October baby -- received
November -- one pending
December baby -- received
January babies -- one pending
February babies -- all received
I am the November Pending, and Mine is traveling on its way to you. You should get it by tomorrow or the next day.
sorry it is late.

All of my September surprises are on their way.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 AM

Lstew, as far as I'm concerned you are not late. It's still September. No worries.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 AM

I will get my Septembers out in the mail asap, I feel bad that they are sitting there and I just haven't made it to the PO. It has just been one thing after another this month. Lost one of my other mothers, broke a tooth, Round Bobbin Expo and then this weekend is quilt show. Please think good thoughts that I feel better, as I have a stomach bug! Boss comes home next week after 3 motnhs away so I have to get her apartment ready. My quilt still needs some the binding done, and has to be ready to hang by Fri. I just hope I wasn't infected and didn't know yet on the weekend so I didn't give it to mamaskeeto or anyone else at either guild or bobbin, this week and a half there is a lot of quilty togetherness.