Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 10-09-2013, 06:30 AM

LOL @ Barb. I tried to hold off until all of the packages arrived to open them, but my dinning room table nearly got lost! It makes a much bigger pile than I expected. Have fun.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:27 AM

{{{{HUGS}}}} Sheri !! So sorry for your loss. I am sure she treasured that beautiful quilt!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM

Okay sorry so late....not promising anything any more ......we have a winner for last weeks contest....congrats to nls Nancy...your prize will be in the mail soon...

Just wanted to share my sad news of my kitty Oreo passed away on Friday. Early in the summer he started to throw up every time he ate...so the vet said give him wet food only. Oreo never really liked wet food but I tried to find one he liked, he would eat it a little then stop eating it. This went on for months...he lost a lot of weight.....finally I had the vet come and see him (we have a vet who makes house calls) she did some testing and Thursday we found out that he was in end stage of kidney failure......so we had to put him down. He was the sweetest thing. Very social, would talk to you when you came in the house, cuddly when I slept and even played with our dog Sophie. We left out of town on Friday so it really did not hit until Sunday when we came back home to no Oreo. He will be missed. I think our dog Sophie is sad too, she is not eating and just lays around. This had been a tough year. Oreo was 15 1/2 years old.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:33 PM

If I did this right here is a picture of Oreo
Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 PM

{{{HUGS}}} Barb !!! I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 PM

ok forgot how to get a picture help me please ....
Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 PM

Hugs Barb.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM

Fraew...I know that you told me how to post pictures. I seem to be doing something wrong...please remind me when you get the chance
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM

Barb,
I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers coming your way. I know how it feels as we lost one of our fur babies this summer. Domino was 12 and black and white. She was a stray cat that warmed our hearts and quickly became a member of the family. It is so hard when we lose one of our fur babies, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Laurel
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 PM

HELLO OUT THERE!!!!!

Time for a questionnaire........

I have not seen a lot of people on the birthday swap site. So I want everyone to please answer these questions. Mostly to make sure everyone is still with us. I will give everyone 1 week to answer then I will start looking for you! Everyone who answers by October 21st (1 week from now) will be put into a drawing for 5 fat quarter .......(these answers will be in future contest questions)
SO POST ON THE BOARD.....do not PM me your answers.

1) What is your favorite quilt pattern? Mine...I still love the postage stamp thought I would tire of it but not yet!
2) What quilt gadget that you can not live without???? I'm pretty basic love a new rotary blade!
3) Best sewing advice...(I hope to learn a lot here) mine....measure twice cut ONCE
4) Favorite quilt site besides "the quilting board" mine is a blog MamaSparks (she is my real life friend)
5) Name other crafts you do besides quilting....scrapbooking, pinterest (I think it is a craft)

OKay please post your answers here...
BArb