Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Thanks, I found it, and here is a link: http://www.brandysquiltpatterns.com/ChicletsFree.pdf.

I am finally postal for March and sent the first one for April since April is just around the corner. Sorry to be bringing up the rear this month. Promise to be better! Happy birthday to all the March gals!

yeah Queenof2802 thanks for letting us know that you went postal!
    Birthday babies please post when you receive from her.
    Barb

Mary Ellen's mystery package has been solved.....and it was from Gandee1...
    Last edited by barbarakibler23; 03-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    Thanks, I found it, and here is a link: http://www.brandysquiltpatterns.com/ChicletsFree.pdf.

I printed me up a new pattern.............thanks Judy I love it!

Another mystery solved...Jarenie went on vacation...lucky lady spent her birthday in beautiful Ireland!
    I am just glad she is okay! The mom in me starts to worry when I don't hear from the kids (lol).

Welcome back Jarenie....now please tell us who you received packages from....
    Barb

Blog Entries
    Gandee1 thank you so much for the b-day candy...one mystery solved and now on to the the next wanda lou. I do believe the p.o. is just being slow (I swear they stopped our Saturday delivery months ago). Will keep you posted.

Mary Ellen

Thank you, please do keep me posted.
    If not i will send you another one.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Vacation sounds so good. I have to wait until May. My other half will be taking watercolor class at Reno, and I get to spend 3 days at the hotel quilting. Does that consider a mini retreat? This will be the first time I try to quilt while traveling. Hopfully I will not forget to bring the sewing machine. Not sure what I be making, I have some hand quilting to finish, maybe I will try the chiclets.

Just finished the top for the 60 degree braid - forgot to turn on the light in sewing room so colors appear muddy. This is for a fundraiser. The one I am hand piecing will be a bit larger, per haps with grey sdashing rather than black. Still trying to decide how to FMQ it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JNTC that is pretty and so fun looking!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Jnct love the quilt...I am gonna have to go back to your other picture to see how you did that!

love all the colors.

Its a fun quilt. When i was cutting the strips for the swap, I just cut one more for the braid and used the template to cut the pieces. I think I got 6 or 7 per strip. you need 250 pieces for a 5 panel quilt that ends up about 50 x 56".

Blog Entries
    Today I received 2 more packages of candy...from Nurse Bonnie and quiltingdragon who is almost a neighbor! Thank you very much ladies.

JNCT14 - before I straighten the fabric I have laying around from cutting. I'm going to use your template and cut for a braid. Thank you for telling how many pieces are needed that will really help.

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry for forgetting to thank quiltingdragon for the cute pocket kleenex cover...have read about them and thought it was a good idea but never followed through, Again, thank you.

Mary Ellen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    I'm so sorry for forgetting to thank quiltingdragon for the cute pocket kleenex cover...have read about them and thought it was a good idea but never followed through, Again, thank you.

Mary Ellen
    I've been teaching the girls at church to make them, and one of them got in with mine... if one of you four March/early April girls gets one that looks like it was made by a preteen, it was I just donated the money to the youth fund and told her it sold.

Blog Entries

pictures !!

First let me thank barbarakibler23 for sending me my prize... love them !!!! That is the first picture- the 2nd picture should be the chiclet quilt I am making with my squares.
    Then it should be my home made envelopes. I try to use JCPenney adds that come in the paper as I think there paper is a little heavier.

A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

MaryBrace yeah for you..1 waiting on more right???

Carrot.you are welcome....... and I love your quilt! How big are you planning on making it? are all the "whites" the same? it just makes me want to sew!!!!!!!
    also very clever envelope!

Barb

If anyone has the bug really bad (and you know who you are) Mary at Curious Quilters in running a swap that has the sign up ending tomorrow....I don't remember all the details but here is the link if you want to check it out. Mary is the person who first started me in this love of 2.5 squares (she does not call them candy) That is a SheriR thing

Oh heck I don't know how to get a link on here...help me someone

Blog Entries
    thank you (o: .... it will be 113 x 113 when it is done. the background is a variety of neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    MaryBrace yeah for you..1 waiting on more right???

Carrot.you are welcome....... and I love your quilt! How big are you planning on making it? are all the "whites" the same? it just makes me want to sew!!!!!!!
    also very clever envelope!

Barb
    around the heart

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    If anyone has the bug really bad (and you know who you are) Mary at Curious Quilters in running a swap that has the sign up ending tomorrow....I don't remember all the details but here is the link if you want to check it out. Mary is the person who first started me in this love of 2.5 squares (she does not call them candy) That is a SheriR thing

Oh heck I don't know how to get a link on here...help me someone
    Yes...I did sign up for the CQ swap... 1.5" and 2.5". You must send 100 per set and you mail out to each person whose email you're given. I've had great luck with it. Let's see if I can get the link to post.

http://thecuriousquilter.wordpress.c...until-3252013/

She calls them Charms. I call them Candy. Others call them Stamps. Whatever you call them, we end up with FUN. Carrot's quilt above attests to that.

And I have to add. I'm super excited to get that Braid templet!!....When was my birthday anyway...
    Last edited by SheriR; 03-24-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Thanks for sharing that link, very cool site.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I love the envelope!!! I didn't think you could use paper with alot of photos, preprinted matter on it...the finished size is 6x 8???

Blog Entries
    yes- 6 x 8. I even send my fabric postcards through the mail without putting them in an envelope (o:

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    I love the envelope!!! I didn't think you could use paper with alot of photos, preprinted matter on it...the finished size is 6x 8???
    around the heart

Karen

For the Anniversary of my 29th Birthday my children sent me on a 2 week trip to Ireland. Just got back and am getting things done. What a great gift all of you have given me. I love scrap quilting and now I cannot decide what pattern to use for all of the great candy that I have. Along with the fabric candy I also received several great other gifts. Thank all of you. I will be paying it forward when it comes your turn to be the receiver.
    Love to all.
    Jarenie

I have PMed each of you for your great gifts. Thank each and every one of you for the squares. I have started 3 differen quilts form the squares and will post picutures. I received a few Batik squares and have already make them into a wallhanging.

Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast