Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1535

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Blog Entries
    Here's the pattern:

http://www.brandysquiltpatterns.com/ChicletsFree.pdf

just tried to not use brights...
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Is this charm quilt pretty or what? http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t235396.html
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

OMG Carrot that is stunning. I did 3 wall hangings for over my bed with that pattern. I love that and the 5 at 5.

I just wanted to let y'all know that as soon as I get home, I will post who have received birthday candy from. My Dad had a total knee replacement 3 wks ago, so I have been out of town to care for him. Should be home by the 7th cuz I gotta get a new wood stove put in.

aquiltymama so sorry to hear about your little one. I have a 2 year old grandson and I can't imagine going through major health issues. Will be praying for your little guy and anyone involved in his care. Take care. Give him "lovins" form everyone here on the board.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my new friends.

Carrot, your quilt is just beautiful. I am a little intimidated by my candies and what to do with them. I am researching possible patterns. Just not sure. I would love to see what you ladies are thinking.

I received two more birthday candies from Wanda Lou and Linda (WMU Teach). Thank you bunches. I have to say my husband has been about as excited as me when we get the mail.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Hello everyone...just wanted to thank queenof2802...I received your squares in the mail on Wednesday....thanks for the extras and it is always nice to have some of the old ones from your grandma...true treasures!

Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

yeah..happy dance for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    Happy un birthday to me! I just received bday candy from Wanda Lou. Thank you!

that is awesome Sheri looks like stained glass.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Is this charm quilt pretty or what? http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t235396.html

Carrot your quilt is beautiful and the size is huge...when did you start this? I love all the colors that you choose. I think I see some squares I gave you (just joking) also thanks for sharing the pattern.

I NEED MORE QUILTING TIME....and yes I am yelling someone give me more quilting time......sigh

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Carrot, I love your Chiclet! It is so similar to my little one that it could by it's mother! I guess we've gotten lots of the same squares and put them together almost the same.

Do what I do (just kidding, DON'T do what I do.....) get up at 4:30.....UGH!!!!!
    But because I do manage to quilt at that ungodly hour, here is the latest. This one is for my daughter's friend and cheer co-captain for her 18th birthday. I rarely repeat a pattern but I liked this so much that I have already started piecing one for me. I saw the pattern on the board but no directions so I had to try and figure them out - as a result I think I cut things wrong because I keep cutting off the points!!!! grrr - hopefully no one will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Carrot your quilt is beautiful and the size is huge...when did you start this? I love all the colors that you choose. I think I see some squares I gave you (just joking) also thanks for sharing the pattern.

I NEED MORE QUILTING TIME....and yes I am yelling someone give me more quilting time......sigh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Love your French Braid Star! I have this on my to do list. Tell us what not to do!

I mailed all past due birthday charms this last week. My apologies for being so late!

Pretty quilt JNCT!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I got another candy package from S Dodge. This swap is great, I really would like to do it again next year.
    Thank you for the birthday surprise.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Here's wishing you a Happy Birthday Nurse Bonnie!!!!

A very happy birthday to nurse Bonnie!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a great day! Spent part of the day sewing with my sewing buddies. Then had some quality time with my 2 great grandsons. I feel blessed with all my family & friends & especially my quilty friends.

So sorry marybrace, I just saw this. I did receive my candy from you the first week in Nov. I posted thanks on Nov 4, but I can see that with all the posts, things easily get buried (as evidenced by the fact I didn't see this post until today) Many thanks, neighbor!
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    sew4nin, you are just down the road a piece and haven't received my candy yet? one shipped at the same time has been received in Washington state...do you suppose yours is taking the scenic route?

Happy (a few days late) birthday Nurse Bonnie...sounds like you had a nice birthday. I hope you enjoy receiving little squares all month long.

I am doing a happy dance I have received my last package from Dottie dodge...good things come to those who wait! Thank you so much for the charm squares Sue...now when I find the time I am going to make me a quilt.....hope it it done before my next birthday!

Sorry I have not been on lately and hopefully next week I will do another contest. My business is really busy right now and I expect things to slow down next week. hope everyone is well.

Barb

Thanks so much for the well wishes. We meet with a surgeon on Thursday for his first really big surgery (had one several weeks ago, but much smaller.) They say this one takes 3-4 months to heal from, so really not looking forward to it. That's such a long time for a 2-and-a-half year old (and even longer for his mommy!) But, we're doing it now so he doesn't remember it when he's older. Can't wait too much longer and still be able to say that. But, that also means I need to focus pretty much exclusively on him for a little while and while I'd love to keep going with this, I just can't commit.

But I love seeing the pictures of everyone's quilts. Hoping to eventually have time to sit down and turn these charms into a quilt myself.

Bonnie, happy belate birthday. Your candies went out in the mail today.

WOW!!! I have gotten some really beautiful candy!! This will surely be a great month of getting beautiful candy. I want to thank these ladies, whose I have received so far: WMUTeacher, mitcham, ABDConsultant, barbarakibler23, jannie, LSTEW22, wanda lou, wanna_be_quilter, sustraley, JNCT14, oneteapot, mamaskeeto, marybrace, nls, gandee1, dottiedodge. I can't wait to start on my very own quilt with everyones candy. The little extras that some sent were awesome. I can't wait to do this again next year. Thank you all very much.
    SEW LUVD

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 ... LastLast