Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) >

2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Old 05-24-2013, 02:36 PM

Looks like the fun will really start with partners start sending quilts around this world. Will be pretty exciting to see them all. Haven't set a date with my partner, but both of us are keeping in touch and I'm finished with hers and she's almost done with mine, so mail date can be soon. I'm looking forward to sending and reeiving!!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Wow, you want to give me a whole nother month? Was not sure on your schedule so Let us shoot for June 15, then we can have some grace after that. I am hoping to get it finished this weekend, but we will see, have so much I want to do and so little time.
Sounds good to me.....let me know if things change.....otherwise June 15 it is.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie View Post
I had just took a break from sewing on leakus' quilt, when my windows started rattling real bad, the table lamp next to me was rocking, my chair was swaying & my cat was totally freaking out. There was a 5.9 earthquake in Greenville, CA that is about 2 hours south west of me in the high Sierra Mountains. I haven't felt one like since I left Santa Barbara. I will continue working on the quilt tomorrow.
How scary is that? So sorry to hear that Bonnie. It's been a week that I havent work on your quilt. I already started the quilting. Tomorrow I am going to a scrappy workshop with the guild so, will resume Sunday.
Bonnie, when do you think you will finish? I wont be ready for at least 2-3 weeks.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:35 AM

Twinriversfarm: Want to set the mail to date as June 1st? I will be able to do that I am sewing binding today and tomorrow so I will be done and ready!!! I hope you will love this one I think it came out beautiful. I made the top, Jaba quilted it and I will bind it so its a work of love from a couple sources. Frog Pond coming to a home soon!!! I am proud of this the colors work great and it has that pop you wanted for sure.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:51 AM

June 1st it is! I have not washed it yet, as I wanted to know if you like the crinkly look or not. Personally I like to wash completed quilts and then go over it for loose threads, cat hair, missed quilting spots, etc. But if you would like the smoother look, I will mail it as is. OOhh, so exciting!!! Got to figure out the picture thing so I can show everyone here how great my Frog Pond is. Hmmm... I think yours should be called Passage to India, after the fabric.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Top will be finished tomorrow (fingers crossed) and then time to sandwich!!! I'm so excited about this one!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:31 AM

They all get the crinkly look eventually lol... wash dont wash its fine with me honest. I am not washing but will de hair for you ...rollers gotta love rollers. Please use a color catcher when you first wash it!! I am going to dry clean mine so not terrifically worried here and Passage to India is right up my alley! The hubby still wants me to keep this and just "whip" you up something fast. Told him nice try but I am going to do a round robin soon so might pick similiar colors to fill his wishes Never should you have told me about Jinney Beyer fabrics (sp) her colors are soooo wonderful. Couldnt use them all in one quilt but a few would be mighty gorgeous Its all your fault if I buy more btw!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 AM

I am finished with the quilting!!! Now just need to bind and it will be finished. Nexxus, I usually wash my quilts before I give them out. Do you mind if I wash it before mailing to you?

my partner was easy to make a quilt for. She said surprise me, I will like anything. Try something new and I did. I hope she won't be disappointed.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:18 PM

QuilterMomma: I'm Done!.....and since I'm still learning to post pics I'm going to do that too...slightly crooked pic...and it is only the back. I'll plan to send it out June 14th as we leave to camp the next day. If it needs to be a week later or whenever let me know...we'll be gone just a week this time.
Attached Thumbnails img_1211.jpg  
Old 05-27-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Linny View Post
QuilterMomma: I'm Done!.....and since I'm still learning to post pics I'm going to do that too...slightly crooked pic...and it is only the back. I'll plan to send it out June 14th as we leave to camp the next day. If it needs to be a week later or whenever let me know...we'll be gone just a week this time.
Very pretty backside of your quilt! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.