Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Today I received 4 packages from mrs.sherbet, SheriR, DorisDes, and barbarakibler. Thanks for the great assortments and cards.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:54 PM

Barbara, i just got home from a trip and discovered your lovely prize waiting for me. Thank you very much! What a pleasure it was to open such a lovely goodie after a long day of travel!
Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
All prizes should be sent out...if anyone is waiting on a prize from me ...please let me know.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:50 AM

So sorry I haven't been on here lately, busy week. Havplenty I did recv your beautiful little package. Whether a package is late or on time, it's the thought that means so much to me. Mine for Oct was going out yesterday, but unfortunately I put them on the mailbox, and didn't notice it started to rain, so they got all wet. Will have to redo for tuesday. I think theres no mail monday.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Barbara thank you for my prize it is very pretty,Thank you.
I left last Thursday to go to Florida for a week with friends we drove 6.5 hours and Friday morning got a call from sister in missouri tat my father had taken a turn for the worst and we thought we were going to loose him,so called my Dear Husband he drove 1/2 way to meet my friends and me,then we turned around and drove 15 hours to the hospital where my Dad is and he's sitting up in bed doing better,but still very very ill.He is 81 lives alone so now he can be alone any more so tomorrow we have to tell him with the Doctor that he can't go home he has to go into Nursing home.
He will not like it but he has to have 24 hour care,He is on Oxygen all the time,now his Kidneys are failing building up to much fluid and his Heart is to weak,so as the Doc put it his Heart and Kidneys are fighting with each other.
Sorry for such a long post,just needed to vent.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 PM

Oh I'm so sorry. What a no fun time. That happened to me last summer. I ended up taking care of my DFIL for a week before he passed. He was 94. I charish that I could be there but...it was difficult. You're in my prayers.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your father. It is hard deciding what to do exactly, but I'm sure you will make the right choices. My dad did not like being told he could not go home but some times we do what we have to do. I probably will be the same way when they tell me no more living by myself. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
Barbara thank you for my prize it is very pretty,Thank you.
I left last Thursday to go to Florida for a week with friends we drove 6.5 hours and Friday morning got a call from sister in missouri tat my father had taken a turn for the worst and we thought we were going to loose him,so called my Dear Husband he drove 1/2 way to meet my friends and me,then we turned around and drove 15 hours to the hospital where my Dad is and he's sitting up in bed doing better,but still very very ill.He is 81 lives alone so now he can be alone any more so tomorrow we have to tell him with the Doctor that he can't go home he has to go into Nursing home.
He will not like it but he has to have 24 hour care,He is on Oxygen all the time,now his Kidneys are failing building up to much fluid and his Heart is to weak,so as the Doc put it his Heart and Kidneys are fighting with each other.
Sorry for such a long post,just needed to vent.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

So sorry, Letsquilt! Hope all goes well with moving your father to where he can get the best care. It would be tough to be told I can't go home... and I think men have a harder time with it than women.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:28 AM

So sorry to hear about you father Letsquilt. Hope all goes well with the transition.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:30 AM

Found this on Craftsy that would be good for our little squares.
http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...es-quilt/12904
Old 10-13-2014, 08:01 AM

Sorry to hear about your father Letsquilt. I will keep you and your family in prayer.