Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 12-04-2014, 04:16 PM

Thanks! Our house guest is going with us to the Lights at a nearby church with a lighted bridge & pop the Q to his sweetie, on the eve of my BD, let's see how that transpires, kinda excited for them both! The ring is awesome.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Thanks! Our house guest is going with us to the Lights at a nearby church with a lighted bridge & pop the Q to his sweetie, on the eve of my BD, let's see how that transpires, kinda excited for them both! The ring is awesome.
My son got engaged last weekend! So happy....
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM

Sounds wonderful!

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
On Dec 23rd (my BD) going to wait for afternoon mail then make a pot of Stash Earl Grey Double Bergamot tea & just relax and open the squishies one by one & place each precious charm in color order before putting them in future project containers. Sounds to me like a wonderful birthday worth waiting for, don't you think! Am so happy to be in this swap!
Old 12-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Hello friends...

I see a lot has happen since I was last on.

Havplenty.....I am so sorry for your loss. She may have been an in-law but she is a sister in your heart. I lost a sister-in-law last year. It is so hard. I am sending you hugs. Let me know when you need another one .

Daisy Dew....I was first going to tell you how nice it is that you sing in the choir for funerals. That is so nice some people would want to be there. But what a gift you have and so nice of you to share it with so people that really need your comfort.
But now Daisy Dew my heart is so sad for you please let us know how your sister Jean is doing. I will keep all of your family in my prayers. Hugs for you too!

We have a winner for the Thanksgiving contest....yeah WMUTeach...you are the luck girl! Your package will be shipped off soon.

SewBizGirl congratulations on your sons engagement. Very exciting! Enjoy the pre-wedding plans.

Information on my health......
First of all thank you for your prayers. I felt every one of them.
All of my tests have come back fine. Yeah! They did an MRI, CAT scan and blood work. also went to a Neuro Opthomologist. So I fell they have checked my head COMPLETELY!

With that being said they don't know what happen, they said blood behind my eye could have been from a sneeze and we would have never know it was there except of the detailed testing they did. I still have plenty of headaches. I have two different kind of meds. One I can take if I plan on not going anywhere except for bed and the other (doesn't work very well) if I have to do ANYTHING!

I don't spend a lot of time on the computer. I start out fine then it becomes hard to see and get a headache.
Thanks to all of you for your patience..... and doing such a good job following through with this swap.

Barb
Old 12-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Contest time for Havplenty's birthday

All these things happen on Havplenty's birthday...Nov 9th

Tell me the year it happen.
1) Berlin Wall opened to the West
2) Vietnam Memorial is completed
3) first US Governor Mrs. Nellie Tayloe Ross is elected by Wyoming
4) Carl Sagan, an astronomer was born
5) Dylan Thoms an english poet died.

OK pm me your answers by December 6 12 noon est.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:58 AM

Thinking of you, Barb! Hope you are feeling a little better. What a scare for you. Please take care of your sweet self!
hugs,
DJ
Old 12-05-2014, 05:41 PM

Hi, again. Whopping mail today from nursebonnie, oneteapot, DaisyDew, DoriDes, mrs halibut, bjsmith57, & a pretty yellow envelop from New Orleans which might mean it came from grannierosie! Thank you all so very much for helping make my mostly overlooked birthday so special this year! Can hardly wait until opening day, 23rd!
hugs,
DJ
Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

Great news, Barb. I was really alarmed by what you told us previously. Thank the Lord they checked you out well and found nothing serious. Hope you can get the headaches under control.

DJ, my package is in the mail to you. Have fun collecting your mail up to you birthday!

Hey, we only have a very few birthdays left to go in our year... Two in Jan. and two in Feb.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:55 AM

Hi to all, sorry for not checking in lately. I received candies from Benndem, thanks for the pen cushion. Quilterdaybyday, thank you. Janice mc, thank you and Barb Kibler. Thanks Bunches.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:36 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better Barb.