Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 09:23 AM

The "candy" pieces are 2 1/2 inch squares of quilting fabric and each one must be different although you could send the same set of 50 to every person in the group. Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by J_cody View Post
What is a candy square Is it just a type of fabric? Then you send 50 2.5 unique fabric squares to each person who has a birthday that month. Do all 50 have to be different

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-18-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J_cody View Post
What is a candy square Is it just a type of fabric? Then you send 50 2.5 unique fabric squares to each person who has a birthday that month. Do all 50 have to be different
In this instance, "unique" means "all different". This is a great swap. We finish up our year in February. Hope you will consider joining us for the new one starting in March. Start looking for the sign up about January or February.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:53 AM

Contest winner:

Sewbizgirl...YEAH watch your mail for a goodie!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:12 AM

Hello Ladies
Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready to celebrate the holidays. Usually every year about now I am overwhelmed with to-do list and buying and buying and buying!
this year I have decided to pull back and not do as much as I would normally. And I gotta say it is really nice

My Christmas tree (fake with snow on it) only has 3 ornaments on it. I made it into a snowman. I found a hat at Michaels and put a scarf on him and my husbands boots. (so far no snow) The 3 ornaments are 3 black balls for buttons. I think he is really cute! My grandson said "hey that's Olaf!" so I guess it does look like a snowman.

Christmas spending.....UGH! I hate this time of the year when we over spend...and we do every year. so this year we have been on a budget and put money aside all year. So when the money is done so is the shopping. (doing okay so far..all presents are bought just have 2 dinners to participate in.) Hopefully we will have some left over and that I will send to a charity.

We have one dinner( for 25) to host this year and everyone wants PIZZA sounds fine to me...and they are all pitching in! Yeah!

Update on my dad...he fell last Friday and the fire department took him to the ER. They did not keep him over night. I took him to his Dr for a follow up. His dr said it was time for him to go to assisted living ...he said no...said he wanted to talk to another dr.....so I took him down the street to another one of his dr's ..... this dr said the same thing...You need to go to Assisted Living. Same answer. Very hard and frustrating. We even found a place that my mom and dad could live to together in. Maybe after the holidays. Just want him to be safe. Falls at least 1-2 times a week. He just had a birthday on Wednesday he turned 92!

Have a great weekend ladies...

Barb
PS I know I have some contest to catch up on.....so maybe I will sneak one in this weekend.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the contest, Barb! They are a lot of fun.

Sorry about you Dad. After Christmas I hope he will agree to go into assisted living with your mom. It would make life easier and safer for everyone. My Dad ended up dying from a fall. He broke his hip and had to have a hip replacement. While he was still in the hospital he suffered a massive heart attack and never woke up. He was 86. Falling is really 'the enemy' at that age. Prayers that things get better for your Dad.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Oh, and my Christmas shopping is done too! We also agreed to "go lighter on gifts" this year, and I'm loving that. It leaves me more time to make the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt blocks, too. And speaking of that quilt, I was able to raid my stashes of 2.5" and 2" squares from this swap and others, to make my mystery quilt really scrappy. I was so happy to have them.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:24 PM

I just got candy from lstew2212, thank you,love all these candies.

Barb,I understand about your Dad not wanting to go to assisted living.My Dad was there two months and decided he was strong enough to go home, after the doctors advising him not too,he went home! He's very stubborn but he's seems to be doing good! He's 81 .
Old 12-19-2014, 01:30 PM

My shopping is done also,just have to wrap a few things. We also cut way back on our spending this year, all the Grands are getting older and want way too expensive gifts so they all are getting money. The only little one is our granddaughter she still likes gifts.
I also made 30 pillow cases to hand out at a children's home up by my daughters home ,so that will be fun for my grandaughter! Thank goodness there is only 30 kids there I decided about a week ago to do this and 30 pillow cases take longer than I thought! But really enjoyed it!
Old 12-19-2014, 03:06 PM

This week brought mail from Janice McC, let's quilt, benndm, mrs sherbert, SheriR, lstew2212, quilter_day_by_day, Thank you all so much!!!! Looking forward to Tuesday's opening. Hopefully the last six will arrive by then. Will post pics on Tuesday or Wednesday as KP duty allows. Happy holidays to you all!
hugs,
dj
Old 12-20-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh, and my Christmas shopping is done too! We also agreed to "go lighter on gifts" this year, and I'm loving that. It leaves me more time to make the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt blocks, too. And speaking of that quilt, I was able to raid my stashes of 2.5" and 2" squares from this swap and others, to make my mystery quilt really scrappy. I was so happy to have them.
Yeah for scrappy quilts!!!!!!!!!