Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 06-04-2014, 03:23 PM

I mailed all you June Birthday ladies a package today. When I got home I found 8 squares on the floor so someone will be short. Please send me a PM and they will be off in the mail to you.
Somehow one of my packages in May did not make it to its destination, so I mailed that one today also.
Trish B
Old 06-04-2014, 07:17 PM

1) board name/real first nameLstew2212/Lisa
2) how long have you been quilting? about 7 years
3) favorite quilting tool sharp rotary cutter
4) favorite quilt you have made and why I made a snowman quilt that had each block a different snowman pattern/peicing/applique/paper peicing
5) favorite color (not a quilt question) red
6) favorite flower tulip
7) best advice you can give live every day to the fullest, you never know when it may be your last.
8) any other quilt spots you visit online besides quilting board? ​not really, addicted to this site and pintrest
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 PM

I will make sure to do that in the future. However, for the June birthdays already mailed Wade Wendorf is the Anoka Quilter.

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
I suggest that everyone should write your board name on the envelope....maybe that will help.
This was a request sent to me....I like to try and make everyone happy!

Barb
Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 AM

I received more squishies this morning. I had birthday charms from our sweet hostess, barbarakibler23, JaniceMcC, sewbizgirl, WMUTeach, haveplenty, and mamaskeeto. Had to open these charms. It is just too much temptation. They were sitting here, calling out to me, "please open me"! Some beautiful charms coming my way. Thank you everyone for swapping.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
I suggest that everyone should write your board name on the envelope....maybe that will help.
This was a request sent to me....I like to try and make everyone happy!

Barb
Sorry to anyone that I offended by using their real name. I try to use board names but sometimes I slip up and forget. I think putting board names on the return address is a good solution.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad you got my package, DottieDodge. Hope it helps to brighten your birthday!

OneTeapot, hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. I'll be on the road so I will say my "Happy Birthday" to you now... Enjoy!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:20 PM

My mailbox is happy!! So far I've received charms from:
mrshalibut
djmat
jannie (thanks so much for the lovely FQ)
suedodge
bjsmith57
nursebonnie
barbarakkibler23
wmuteach

I also would like to see the screen names on the envies... that way I wouldn't have to open them and I could open them all at once.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:56 PM

Sorry I have not been around for a while. I am going to try to catch up with reading the old posts. I have mailed all June Birthdays.

1) board name/real first name
Alice
2) how long have you been quilting? about 3 years
3) favorite quilting tool rotary cutter
4) favorite quilt you have made and why My very first quilt. It is a copy of an Amish quilt. I make the entire thing by hand. I did not know anything about quilting, but really want to make one for my sister's birthday. It took me so long to make it she never got it. I learned so much about quilting, most of all, I got the bug and want to make more.
5) favorite color (not a quilt question) Apple/Pear Green
6) favorite flower tulip
7) best advice you can give Don't fuss over things you can't control or don't know, just keep going.
8) any other quilt spots you visit online besides quilting board? not really, some blogs
Old 06-06-2014, 06:45 AM

Well I will offer my apologizes now because I know I may rarely remember to write my board name on my ebvelop because I sometimes forget to put a label on my envelopes but my board name is included within my envelopes.

Plus I am mailing my squishes in envelopes from an old program from my job as I got plenty of leftovers from the program.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:36 AM

First, just an fyi that I mailed my candy to pjjandme this afternoon. It's a bit early but sure to be there by your birthday.

Also, i'll take my turn and answer the questions recently asked.
1) board name/real first name:Janice
2) how long have you been quilting?probably close to 15 years, but sporadically
3) favorite quilting tools: my ergonomic rotary cutter because it saves my wrists and my rotating cutting mat b/c it's a huge time saver.
4) favorite quilt you have made and why? My favorite is a wall hanging that I machine pieced and hand quilted. It's about 30 by 45 inches and is the first piece I made, is scrappy (my favorite kind of quilt) and is the first item I hand quilted. AND IT'S FULLY DONE, not something I can say about a lot of tops I have in my sewing room needing sandwiching and quilting. Apparently, I like piecing a lot more than quilting!
6) favorite flower This year, it is a Canna lily, particularly Tropical Sunrise which is a bit of an odd choice since I'm not usually not a fan of anything orange.
7) best advice you can give? Measure twice and cut once.
8) any other quilt spots you visit online besides quilting board? I go all over the place!