Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 06-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Can't remember if we have shared this pattern for our "candies" yet, or not. Such a cute pattern. Just cut some white strips and you are ready to sew it.
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/...r-springs.html
Old 06-10-2014, 06:31 AM

Hello everyone,
Happy Tuesday to all of you...sorry I have not posted the contest for Oneteapott's birthday. My daughter came and spent the weekend with me. First time she had spent the night away from her baby. My daughter and husband are going away for a week in July so she is "practicing" being away from Cooper. I will have Cooper for 3 days then he goes to his other Grandma for the rest of the time. Looking forward to some special time with this guy he is getting such a cute personality!

Has anyone heard from .......pjjandme???? She has not been on "quilting board" since mid april. I am getting concerned for her.....I have sent PM and emails. Hopefully I will hear something soon. If anyone knows her personally please tell her I'm looking for her.

time for a contest....next post
Old 06-10-2014, 07:01 AM

Happy Birthday

to Dottie Dodge....Hope you have a great day!!!!

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 06-10-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:12 AM

<contest time<contest="" time="">
CONTEST TIME

(in honor of Oneteappot's birthday)

all the answers will be found in the questionnaires that you all filled out.
There will be 5 questions and 5 different people.

PM me your answer by 12:00 noon June 11Wedneday

1) who said " my favorite quilting tool is this site! You folks teach me so much!"
2) who's advice was "go out of your comfort zone.... you will be happy you did." ?
3) who's favorite flower is "wild columbine" ?
4) who's advice was " There are two sides to every man, make sure you like both before you say yes."
5) when asked "how long have you been quilting?" who answered "since I was 22 (more than 25 years!)

okay...have fun..
Barb</contest>
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 AM

DJ...want to know what you do with dried peonies????? I have plenty need to know what to do to dry them and what you use them for.......inquiring minds!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
This year I would like to add a little twist....During your birthday month please introduce yourself...tell us about your family if you work and where why you started quilting projects you are currently working on and what you are most proud of. (quilting and life wise)and anything else you want us to know...Barbara
My board name is dottie dodge. My husband and I will soon celebrate 48 years of marriage with our 4 children, their spouses and 9 grandchildren. I no longer work outside the home, wish I didn't have to work in the home either! I was a SAHM while our children were in school and when the youngest graduated I went to went to work in a quilt store. I think I have been using a sewing machine since I was 10 years old. Making quilts is a natural progression from garment construction, (I think). I've always sewn clothing for my girls and myself. I am currently making an I Spy quilt and when it is done I will start a quilt with the birthday candies I received this year.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday, DottieDodge! Thanks for posting a little bit about yourself. I'm jealous of your job in a quilt store. Hope you had a wonderful birthday today and continue to celebrate yourself all the rest of the week!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Happy Birthday, DottieDodge! Thanks for posting a little bit about yourself. I'm jealous of your job in a quilt store. Hope you had a wonderful birthday today and continue to celebrate yourself all the rest of the week!
Thanks sewbizgirl! I loved my job and was really sad when I had to quit.

A big thank you to the following for the birthday candies: mrshalibut; bjsmith57; Ahwu; sewbizgirl; Karen G; ma T; oneteapot; cindyvb; Billiejean; nls; Anoka Quilter; trish b; WMUTeach; jannie; barbarakibler23; haveplenty;nurse bonnie; lets quilt; djmat; mamaskeeto; Janice McC. I also received from these people, I don't know your board names so I will use your initials and the city they were post marked: KH in Farwell, MI and DW in Beaverton, MI. My stack of envelopes tipped over as I was marking names off my list and was mixed up. ARG! In addition to the birthday candies I received a fat quarter from jannie and a pair of yellow flower iron-on appliques from ?. And some very nice cards and wishes. Thanks everyone for making my birthday a fun day!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:40 PM

Wow Dottie Dodge sounds like a great birthday.

kh....Karen G
dw.... quilter day by day

Hope you had a great day!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 PM

Thinking of you, Dottie, happy bd!!!!