Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 PM

I have received three more packages.....
Cindyvb
Havplenty
Kathy M

Thank you all for the wonderful candies and birthday wishes.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

I just bought more birthday cards to put my candies in... trying to stay ahead of the birthdays.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM

I am really loving all the candies I am receiving. Getting the mail is so much fun these days, I received two more wonderful packages today.....
Jannie
Billie Jean

Thank you both.

I am trying to do this from memory, but wasn't it you sewbizgirl who completed a quilt using her candies? I keep looking at patterns but just can't decide.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I am trying to do this from memory, but wasn't it you sewbizgirl who completed a quilt using her candies? I keep looking at patterns but just can't decide.
Yes, if you call a top "completed". Still haven't quilted it, LOL. I did the Arkansas Crossroads design with my candies. As you can see, I grouped them by color families, but usually they are just done randomly with the colors all mixed up.

I also have a board on Pinterest where I've been keeping scrap quilt ideas... many are good for our 'candies'. You are welcome to look if you like:
http://www.pinterest.com/bonbonevans/scraps/
Attached Thumbnails 004-4-.jpg   003-2-.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:41 PM

Wow sewbizgirl, I am impressed with my memory. I loved your quilt when I first saw it and I still love it. Maybe this is what I will have to do with my candies. Too many choices. Also thanks for the link to your pinterest page.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

You are welcome... yes I need to get this baby quilted and put it on a bed!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 PM

I had a wonderful birthday. It was our company picnic at work today so I was off work early and I went to some of the LQS that were participating in the Row by Row Experience and picked up my patterns and deposited some cash into their bank accounts.

DH gifted me with a new bathrobe (I love my bathrobe), new MP3 player, and took me out for dinner. As we were leaving the restaurant I notice they had a cookbook filled with their menu recipes, so I also got an additional gift; a new cookbook.

I also received two more packages. Thank you......
Sheri R
Mrs Sherbert
Old 07-12-2014, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yes, if you call a top "completed". Still haven't quilted it, LOL. I did the Arkansas Crossroads design with my candies. As you can see, I grouped them by color families, but usually they are just done randomly with the colors all mixed up.

I also have a board on Pinterest where I've been keeping scrap quilt ideas... many are good for our 'candies'. You are welcome to look if you like:
http://www.pinterest.com/bonbonevans/scraps/

Beautiful quilt top. I am still trying to decide which pattern I want to use for my candy's from last year. I am glad everyone had a great 4th of July holiday.

I took a short trip to GA to visit family. I made a quilt using crown royal bags for my uncle. He had been collecting them for years. I asked if I could have them to make a quilt for him with the bags. Here is my almost finished project, apparently I didn't get a photo of the finished quilt with the boarders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482667[/ATTACH]

He really likes the quilt and he gets to keep the bags forever. He was really surprised by the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails crown-royal.jpg  
Old 07-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

That's sweet, Lstew! Very cool quilt for your uncle.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:41 AM

Hi Everyone, it's so fun to read all the entries. I have a quilt's worth of selvages. I remember one of you is collecting them to make a selvage quilt. Let me know and I will send you a fun squishy. I am too lazy to go back and look for myself!!!!!! It is very hot here and by Monday or Tuesday it could be over 100 in the shade. I am reading, hand sewing and making a few blocks. Wishing everyone a great day.