Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-21-2014, 05:24 PM

I get your point and I do agree sharing your quilt with your fur baby is fine. But my sons two dogs are not small and it seems that the quilt was there bed. Mighty fine bed it is,they are cute dogs and they love me ..
Old 01-21-2014, 05:44 PM

MDQuilter...welcome to the party!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 PM

woohoo mdquilter joined. i was so excited i told her about it.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM

Yeah, sewmany is exactly why I need to watch more after school specials on peer pressure.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MDQuilter View Post
Yeah, sewmany is exactly why I need to watch more after school specials on peer pressure.
Lol...too funny!!!!!

We have 26 swappers!!! 4 more or Friday at noon (CST)!!! If all goes well...I will have swap names out either Friday afternoon or Monday!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
I googled Octonauts w/gup-E---lot of options come up--including ebay
I love Octonauts. Never seen any of their toys though. I'm going out shopping today. I'll pick up if I see some here.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:40 AM

Elisabrat, I'm with you. Can't FMQ. You're lucky you have a mentor near by. I've not done any quilts with difficult points, triangles etc yet. I want to start trying paper piecing, or whatever you call it, where you sew on the paper to make a block. ( Don't laugh, my brain works on pictures, not vocabulary). Okay is it
Friday yet?
As to whether a quilt should be used by a fur baby. If they are your children, yes! To me as long as the children can respect it. lol.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 AM

a dear friend and her sister came over one day (years ago) and as we were chatting together in living room, she glanced down and sa a mock Cathedral Window lap quilt on the floor in front of the fireplace. She immediately jumped up and picked it up off the floor and laid it across the end of the couch. Two minutes later my black tomcat came in and started crying so i put the quilt back of floor. My friend hadnt seen me do so and went to pick it up again thinking it had slipped off the couch. i told her it was okay to be on the floor. she said it was too pretty to be on the floor to which i answered " but its the cat's blanket". "but the cat will get hair all over it" she replied. "but it IS the cat's blanket". She finally realized what i was saying and let the kitty have his blanket back so he could take his nap.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
a dear friend and her sister came over one day (years ago) and as we were chatting together in living room, she glanced down and sa a mock Cathedral Window lap quilt on the floor in front of the fireplace. She immediately jumped up and picked it up off the floor and laid it across the end of the couch. Two minutes later my black tomcat came in and started crying so i put the quilt back of floor. My friend hadnt seen me do so and went to pick it up again thinking it had slipped off the couch. i told her it was okay to be on the floor. she said it was too pretty to be on the floor to which i answered " but its the cat's blanket". "but the cat will get hair all over it" she replied. "but it IS the cat's blanket". She finally realized what i was saying and let the kitty have his blanket back so he could take his nap.
Ok...so...yep, I totally laughed at this. I've see this happen before. WOW!!! Thank you for the images. I needed it today. I'm in the process of making puppy quilts for my furbabies. They need their own quilt for these cooler nights.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:49 PM

Love all the quilts and animals stories. I have made quilts for most of my family, including my step-daughter who recently asked me "Would it offend you if I asked you to make a couple small quilts for my babies? Nothing fancy, just something so they can have their own " (She was referring to her very small dog and two cats whom are her children)

I chuckled and told her I wasn't offended, I was actually tickled that she thought enough of my quilts to ask. Needless to say, there are three little quilts in line on my "to do" list.