Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-23-2014, 02:07 PM

Good to see we're all human here anyway. I believe life is better with pets. We have 2 dogs here and our yellow lab Tucker sheds like there's no tomorrow. I'm guessing he sheds enough to make about another small dog a day. The dogs will stay off whatever I make for my partner but I can't guarantee there won't be one or two stray hairs.

All this talk of pets does bring up a question: Do we launder the quilts before sending them out?
Rodney
Old 01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Maybe discuss laundering with your partner. Laundry soap and especially softener is something I am very sensitive too more so then cat dander or smoke. For my own quilts and donation quilts I launder in All Free hypoallergenic detergent and no softeners or any scents. Other people might really enjoy freshly laundered and scented. Last time I did a quilt in the for quilters swap I had to launder to get the marking lines out from quilting. I have another set up right now so do not anticipate needing to launder the finished quilt.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 PM

I've been watching this thread for the past couple of weeks and just have to comment on all the fur talk - Mr. Beasley, my avatar, sheds enough fur on a daily basis that had I thought about it sooner there would have been more than enough fur to spin into yarn for a sweater. He's been loving our sub zero temps of late.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 PM

well since your all so very bored thought I would toss this out. today I received a phone call from the Porter Transplant team in Colorado. I thought this call might come in two more weeks but here it came. I have, drum roll please.. been accepted onto their transplant list!!!!! oh yeah oh yeah.. kidney here you can come!!! not sure how long but its under 2 yrs now as I am transferring my Stanford hospital time which was 7 to 9 yr wait so my already accrued goes over to Porter and cuts 3.5 down to yrs or less wait. oh yeah!!!! I am super majorly excited. other than that its a regular day of course
Old 01-23-2014, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Good to see we're all human here anyway. I believe life is better with pets. We have 2 dogs here and our yellow lab Tucker sheds like there's no tomorrow. I'm guessing he sheds enough to make about another small dog a day. The dogs will stay off whatever I make for my partner but I can't guarantee there won't be one or two stray hairs.

All this talk of pets does bring up a question: Do we launder the quilts before sending them out?
Rodney
ialways ash quilts after making them--cold water only ith just regular detergent--it removes any quilting marks, or other dirt, sme;;s, stay cat/dog hair and sets the color.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Congratulations Elisabrat! Wonderful news for you
Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 PM

I have to really say I would not want to receive one that had animal hair all over it. Most that I have received have either been rolled with the sticky tape, sponged off or they shook the living h out of it because they have arrived in really good shape. One reason is because this house is pet free and the other is that I'm very allergic to cats. I have to take medication when I go to someone's house that has pets. So for me if you have a pet especially a cat please write something on the outside of the box so I know. Hubby has to open and go through it first to make sure it's okay. Easier than me going to the hospital.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:56 AM

Woohoo. This is the last day. We will soon get to know.
jaba, i think the hostess did an excellent job with the questioner. Allergies is one of the questions she focused in.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:49 AM

Houston!!! We have a problem!!! Yep, ice everywhere!!! Lil man daycare closed...hubby can't get to work because they CLOSED the overpasses...we are still opening in time, unless our corporate office has a heart and puts us on a delayed start. Fun times!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 AM

Egad stay off those roads no one in Texas can drive in that!!! sorry mean but true. Its like in CA I hated driving in the rain no one could handle the first rains slick roads omg it was a disaster waiting to happen. Here we have ice. Lots of ice on the road. But most people drive sanely on it. Some big truckers drive like bats out of hell and well I think you are an idiot when I see them. Let them pass I don't care. not me. even our monster SUV does a fish tail every so often when entering the freeway at a whopping oh 20 miles an hour.. scares the living bejeebas out of me. sigh.

also good news twice over: my daughter will be out here in the next month! just herself cant afford for both to come but this is such wonderful news. still high on yesterdays news.