Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM

dragonfly are you joining us?? my cats sit on the couch. the couch has cat hair. when company comes I take a wet sponge to it to remove as much hair as I can. but they are my cats, my couch, my blankets. I love the quilt I have from you Twinrivers to pieces. I also have to admit it has cat hair on it. I don't mind, they don't mind and nothing gets harmed from the making of it. Is as pretty as ever just needs to be rolled sometimes to make it brand new again. THE QUILTS I MAKE FOR YOU while maybe exposed due to the cats living in the house will be and always are rolled for all hairs before sent out and also I never ever allow them to lie on the things I am working on. its an absolute get off the table/counter if there is a project in the making. that is the best I can offer you. Currently I am finishing a project with kona black. I will take it next door when its done to roll there.. no pets nothing will land on it before its packaged to go home. Nexxus you should be safe from the kitty hair
Old 01-22-2014, 07:06 PM

ps if this quilt is being made for your pet this is fine with me but be prepared it might not be as fancy as if I make it for you so let me know straight up. no ones feelings get hurt ok this is a funny question but how on earth did we get stuck in this animals will ruin our quilts and everyone is terrible with quilts we give them? yikes. can we go to positive things and good hopes and good wishes now? please?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM

Alice is excellent on the quilts. In fact, she really likes it when they are all wadded up after Doogie gets up in the morning - she burrows in and goes back to sleep for a few hours. She'll lay on the bed at my feet once the sheets are made but if the quilt/sheets are a mess, she's all up in wherever they are piled.

Every quilt I make which leaves this almost always covered in Alice hair - I lint roll to high heaven but I know better than to think I get it all.

Sooo... whoever my partner is, you're going to end up swapping with me & Alice (she'll contribute the extra fur-batting).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458145[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0094.jpg  

Last edited by TheMamaHauser; 01-22-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 PM

Alice is beautiful!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 PM

I love Alice too. I am going to send her a 16 squeaker toy soon
Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 AM

alice is an adorable monsterously sized dog that is a little sneaker. She sneaks around and magically makes food disappear right before your eyes! she can hair up my quilts any time. wonder about her feelings on cat hair? we have three dogs. ok we don't have three dogs. they simply knock at the front door once or twice a day looking for the doggie treats I buy. they are adorable little yorkie mixs (pound puppies) and I love it. I have dogs without any responsibility at all. no vet bills, no food bills, no cleaning up after them.. yup love those dogs of mine lol.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:44 AM

I think I waited long enough, time to send my info in to join!! I am good with extra fur batting, I have two cats that may add so of their own!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

You had me in stitches there about the extra fut batting.

Originally Posted by KGoodhand View Post
I think I waited long enough, time to send my info in to join!! I am good with extra fur batting, I have two cats that may add so of their own!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
I love Alice too. I am going to send her a 16 squeaker toy soon
Jeezzz... I thought you were my friend! She'll just love murdering it 16 times though.

And Brat... you mention food thief - did I ever tell you the story about the pizza? Doogie had a fresh plate of pizza downstairs on the foot-stool part of his recliner. Walks into the bathroom and comes out to no pizza. She's sitting there licking her face like, "Gee Papa that was awesome pizza. Where's yours?"

She really believes she is human.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 AM

I made up quilted sandwiches for the new baby pup. She has one in her kennel and one below my desk at work that are her own. My good quilts are up high where the animals can't lay on them and the everyday ones they can with us. they are made to keep us warm. My quilts from the this swap, the last two years, are special and they stay up so the pets can't lay on them. The one annaquilts made me, well, I love to snuggle under it so it is for the pup as well. what can I say, when it is a loved quilt, the pets know it as well.