Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 04-05-2014, 12:00 PM

Melinda prayers are being said for you and your husband. Sunday at church I belong to a prayer group so on sunday I hope you feel the thousands of prayers for you and your family!!People from all over the world will be praying for you. God is good all the time!!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Thank you thank you everyone My hubby's name is Ed and mine is Melinda. Prayers are needed

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Melinda prayers are being said for you and your husband. Sunday at church I belong to a prayer group so on sunday I hope you feel the thousands of prayers for you and your family!!People from all over the world will be praying for you. God is good all the time!!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:36 PM

Melinda, prayers heading your way, hoping all will turn out alright.

Boop56, I did a practice block today. It's one of two blocks for the border. I'm trying to modify a pattern and having trouble with the math for the border

The block is 6 1/2" I hope you like the colors!
Attached Thumbnails 2014-q4q-001-640x480-.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 04:46 PM

Brat,

I wanted to let you know that I am sorry I have not posted pictures yet, out of town last minute for work but I will post pictures as soon as I am home.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:36 AM

hello ladies I am sorry fo rnot posting pics r commenting , after losing my father in law in Jan, it was rough, then I lost my mother, 3 weeks ago, I am working on blocks now to complete my quilt for my partner and it should be a wonderful bright quilt she will like for a long time, i am using 2 different block designs and making it scrapy having some fun with it, hope she enjoys it, working hard to get it finished, will post pics soon,
Old 04-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Wow, lots going on with everyone. Sorry nexx on hubby, mine went thru same stuff and then shoulder surgery as well, then I ended up in hospital couple weeks ago. Our house is chaotic as well. Not much done on my progress, but once these graduations, three of them, and the house finished painted, will be able to work more on it. Since I missed a week at work, got to get caught up.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM

Okay Brat, here is a photo of your quilt center. I am so sorry for the delay...[ATTACH=CONFIG]471534[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 04132014-003.jpg  
Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 AM

oh so cute! your top is done Tam Moo I am waiting to get my backing then its off to the quilter! I have been searching all over for it. I thought I had found some but got an email yesterday that that was not in stock so square one again.. argh. Should have it ordered and here by next week so all is good I will have that quilted in no time at all... secrets.. secrets.. don't you just love secrets???
Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 AM

Y'all are amazing!!! Tons of status updates already sent. Pictures posted. Partners communicating!!! I'm so happy!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Y'all are amazing!!! Tons of status updates already sent. Pictures posted. Partners communicating!!! I'm so happy!!!
I apologize for answering my partner here, but I had pictures to show her and can't do them in a PM. I work part time at a quilt museum and the fund raiser I am involved in is a text and textile sale once a year. All year I gather donations and sort everything from cottons, wool, home dec, poly, knits, yarn, patterns, books notions etc. It is a lot of work especially since some of the donations are from people who don't sew and don't know the difference in fabric, so I take it all and then sort it. Most of the time it goes well with the exception of a few board members who arrive on the day of the sale to be in charge and are not quilters <sigh> and the stray volunteer who does not abide by the rules. Other wise it is like a giant treasure hunt and fun to watch. Where else can you get $300 of wool yardage for $25? Not to mention threads by the bag, yarn, floss and you name it. So now my life can return to normal (normal for me)! And here are the pictures for Anna.
Attached Thumbnails t-t-005.jpg   t-t-002.jpg   t-t-008.jpg   t-t-012.jpg