Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 04-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

That looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work! I bet though you are glad it is over for now. I hope they raised a lot of money.

Originally Posted by applique View Post
I apologize for answering my partner here, but I had pictures to show her and can't do them in a PM. I work part time at a quilt museum and the fund raiser I am involved in is a text and textile sale once a year. All year I gather donations and sort everything from cottons, wool, home dec, poly, knits, yarn, patterns, books notions etc. It is a lot of work especially since some of the donations are from people who don't sew and don't know the difference in fabric, so I take it all and then sort it. Most of the time it goes well with the exception of a few board members who arrive on the day of the sale to be in charge and are not quilters <sigh> and the stray volunteer who does not abide by the rules. Other wise it is like a giant treasure hunt and fun to watch. Where else can you get $300 of wool yardage for $25? Not to mention threads by the bag, yarn, floss and you name it. So now my life can return to normal (normal for me)! And here are the pictures for Anna.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:52 AM

I've been stalled . . . I have half of my tiny little 7" blocks finished. I need about 25 more. Spent the last month trying to get the darn quilting machine to work. Every time I adjust something, another thing screws up. This is a singer for goodness sake. I take singers apart and put them back together as a hobby. It should be a simple thing to fix. I give up. I'm calling a repair man. :-(
Old 04-15-2014, 01:27 PM

Ok...so update on my life...lil miss Rusha was diagnosised with pancreatitis a week or so ago. She stayed at the vet. Brought her home last Monday. Friday she stopped eating. Took her this morning for an ultrasound. Got the call from the vet...it isn't good. She has a huge mass in her liver and her skin is turning yellow. I will be with her tonight at 6 when they put her to sleep. Please send good fur baby thoughts for her through this. Quilty hugs!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Ok...so update on my life...lil miss Rusha was diagnosised with pancreatitis a week or so ago. She stayed at the vet. Brought her home last Monday. Friday she stopped eating. Took her this morning for an ultrasound. Got the call from the vet...it isn't good. She has a huge mass in her liver and her skin is turning yellow. I will be with her tonight at 6 when they put her to sleep. Please send good fur baby thoughts for her through this. Quilty hugs!
My thoughts and hugs go out to you and Rusha.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 PM

Me also Yosamitesa, I've been in your position with 2 dogs and it is so hard. I truly know where you are at and I'm sure there are others on here also. Sending peaceful thoughts your way.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:33 AM

Thank you. It was a rough night. My lil man doesn't understand why Rusha isn't home and why she isn't coming home. Told him she was in heaven with Granddaddy. He told me NO! Go to the vet and bring her home. My heart hurts. It isn't broken because I know she is in a much better, easier, painfree place. Just sad. Sitting at work going through the motions...that being said...

I have 13 folks who did not check in by the 15th!!!

If you have not sent me a status update I need to hear from you ASAP!!! This is a requirement for the swap.

By the 15th of each month, each person sends me a PM letting me know how far along they are with their quilt for their partner. I suggest that you put a reminder in your calendar with the following text in it, which is what I need to hear from you:

o 100% complete and ready to be shipped!
o 90%: need to finish quilting and binding, then she’s ready for lift-off!
o 75%: sandwiched and about to quilt
o 50%: nearing completion of the top; about to sandwich
o 25%: fabric cut and piecing in progress
o 5-10%: know the design; have most of the fabric; dragging my feet getting started, but I WILL complete and be ready to ship THIS QUILT BY August 1, 2014!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:15 PM

Sorry about Rusha. It always hurts to lose a pet even when you know the decision was the right one.
Rodney
Old 04-17-2014, 04:23 AM

Just waiting for this cold snap to go then digging out the paints! I need some skies, mountains, plowed farmland and lots of other fun stuff. Some for this challenge and some for fun as I am getting very low. Come on spring!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 PM

OH I am so sorry, I totally missed the date.....between taxes, MQX, and a software build going out I totally lost what day it was. I will send in my information now.

I have the top done backing needs a washing, and waiting on thread to come in, Had to order correct thread. It is the next thing going on my LA
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 AM

Default April Progress Report

I've been busy on many projects the past few weeks and have today to finally lay out my rows and put the top together and send it out to have it quilted - jaba hope this will be okay for you - it's the growth of a quilt. I chose the Lucky Star pattern because I felt that it must be a lucky star that keeps pairing jaba and I up on swaps - I feel blessed with my on line quilty friends.

The first photo is the initial fabric selections.
The second photo shows the star pairings.
The third is a pile of 30 star blocks.
The fourth is a sample what they look like when they are nestled next to one another - only a teaser for I want the final quilt to be a surprise when she gets it.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-quilt-fabrics.jpg   quilt-quilt-star-pairings.jpg   quilt-quilt-star-samples.jpg   quilt-quilt-star-teasers.jpg