Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 04-03-2014, 07:44 PM

I probably shouldn't even write this. I see where at least some of you are either done or near done. I just put my first blocks together today. It does feel good to be off to a real start though.
Rodney
Old 04-04-2014, 02:25 AM

Don't fret, we have a long way until August! Some quilters have a stash that never ends, some need to shop for the right colors to start. Some have the perfect pattern in mind, some wait for inspiration and to get to know their partner. And some of us know that the garden will need tilling soon, so we had better get ourselves in gear and finish all indoor projects fast!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Lovely! The pattern and colors are very catchy and playful.

Originally Posted by emc1118 View Post
I have a few blocks to show. Balancing the colors may be the hardest part when all is said and done. The card fabric in the corner doesn't go with this top.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I probably shouldn't even write this. I see where at least some of you are either done or near done. I just put my first blocks together today. It does feel good to be off to a real start though.
Rodney
I'm at the same point as you. Nowhere near finished, barely started. I noticed a mistake from my pic so I will be resewing and sewing that block before I continue.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Emc1118 I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Thank you I needed to see this I have not sewn anything but I have a reason. My hubby dropped at work last Friday at work. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He had almost NO blood left in his body. They are not sure how he was even functioning. He ended up having four pints of blood transfused and may need more. He was discharged on Monday with orders to find a primary care physician ASAP. The endo turned up nothing and he has a colonoscopy scheduled for the 10th as outpatient. They need to find out where the bleed is. His body is also not "rejuvenating" itself and his iron level was almost NIL. I am an emotional wreck it's so hard to see him so weak. We have young kids at home. It is effecting them also. I'm sorry I don't mean to blab just having an emotional wreck of a day. We did find him a primary care physician and they drew blood today to test his levels again. We will go back and see them after the colonoscopy to talk about results and where we go from there. I know there is a lot worse situations out there I am just having a moment. Prayers would be welcomed. Thanks for sharing the pictures EMC love it
Old 04-04-2014, 07:16 PM

You have had a rough couple of months. Prayers coming your way. I hope all goes well with the tests and the results are full of good news. Don't worry about any sewing for me, that can come later. Take care of you and yours. Glad I posted the pics and you you liked the early stages. Take care Melinda.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 PM

Nexxus831, praying for you and him that all is just a bump in the road and he will get back to himself. As far as working on my quilt, well it stood all alone in my "Toy Room" all week. Yes the weather here has been beautiful, grass to cut, weeds to pull, and just enjoying the beauty of the day. For the last two days I"ve been spreading dirt. Ordered 12 yards and have about 2 to go, but will wait for the rain to come this weekend to see where I may need more. Ya'll keep safe, and hoping all is well with everyone.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:40 AM

Melinda you, your husband and your family will be in my prayers.
Rodney
Old 04-05-2014, 03:43 AM

Oh nexx, I am so sorry to hear that. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. HUGS
Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 AM

Dearest Melinda, sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts for you and your DH. Deep breaths, we are all here for you to vent anytime. NO APOLOGISING!