Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 11-26-2015, 08:30 AM

Since we are away from our "family" we celebrate with our family on wheels. At this campground, the tables are set up for ten people. you sign up to be at one of the tables. Then the "hostess" of the table makes sure we all bring the basics and no duplicates. The campground will have the meat and gravy. So of course we all bring a lot of food and have what we like!! It is a lot of fun, getting to meet new people and know others better. Heard today there will be a impromptu jam fest afterwards. So far there are 10 tables (some with spots purposely open for those newly arrived campers!)
Then on Friday we meet up again and everything goes on one long table and we try to eat up everyone's leftovers! Followed by multiple games of Mexican train.
8 years ago we had spent a few days in Alabama and spent Thanksgiving there. Had a blast, but lost track of the people at the table. 4 years later we were 5 miles out from town on a hill in the desert in AZ sitting around a campfire. We recognized one couple and spent quite some time trying to figure where our paths had passed. Yip - around the Turkey table!! love my life. Hope whatever you choose to do, or who you choose to spend time with, let it be full of thankfulness.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

It sounds like you are doing exactly what you love, travelinggramma. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the rest of our special birthday group.

While I was shopping for my groceries to make all the food for my family's feast I was struck with thankfulness that I was able to just put what I wanted into my buggy and when I went to pay for it I wouldn't have to worry I wouldn't have enough money. When I was raising young children I had to carry a calculator and tally up my bill as I put things in the buggy. Some things had to be taken out. And I remember a Christmas when I didn't have money to get a turkey at all until the day before Christmas, when you could no longer find one. So, this is huge to me. God has changed our lives and blessed us, and I never want to forget.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
So will Barb give us a grace if our 1st December baby is late? I have them all ready to go sitting here on my desk just waiting to be mailed. If I don't have the address before I leave today it will not make it into the mail till Monday due to Thanksgiving holiday plans. ...
Same here. We're headed out of town very early in the morning. I can still mail in the morning if I get the addresses before we leave; otherwise it'll have to be Monday.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Well... here's an alternative plan. It's Letsquilt's birthday that comes on Dec. 8th. If Letsquilt is reading, and has a list of all of us, she could pm us each with her address. Just a thought.

Barb may be away for a holiday weekend, thinking this is all taken care of.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:11 PM

sewbizgirl " While I was shopping for my groceries to make all the food for my family's feast I was struck with thankfulness that I was able to just put what I wanted into my buggy and when I went to pay for it I wouldn't have to worry I wouldn't have enough money. When I was raising young children I had to carry a calculator and tally up my bill as I put things in the buggy. Some things had to be taken out. And I remember a Christmas when I didn't have money to get a turkey at all until the day before Christmas, when you could no longer find one. So, this is huge to me. God has changed our lives and blessed us, and I never want to forget."

Girl, I feel the exact same way. Once upon a time we enjoyed a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - handmade dry popcorn, buttered toast, water & a tv movie, had no money for food, but we had fun just being together. These days, I must find places to store the Thanksgiving leftovers and I praise God for the opportunity for me to be grateful!
hugs,
dj

Old 11-27-2015, 05:40 PM

sewbizgirl, I went on and sent everyone my address, although I felt like I was asking for candies.
But I did it. I do have a question maybe someone can answer this , I have Nursebonnie and djmat on my list for December but those names wasn't sent to me have they dropped out of the swap?
Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 PM

letsquilt, please check your PMs for my addy. Bonnie is still active, too.
hugs,
dj
Old 11-27-2015, 06:26 PM

Thank you djmat, I will check my PM's and get your candy ready.I don't know why miss Barbara got so mixed up, but she didn't send me yours or nurse Bonnie's names or addresses,must of been the holidays- Lol!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

Nurse Bonnie dropped out way back in the beginning. I'm sure Barb will send us djmat's address as soon as she returns to the board.

Don't feel bad sending out your address, letsquilt. You needed to because who knows when Barb will check back in and find out we didn't get it from her. We don't want you to get your candies late. It's ok.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:08 AM

I have been out of town since last Fri. 11/20; and will not return back home until/around Sun. 12/6 and will mail your candies as soon as I return back home. Thank you.
bjsmith57

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
sewbizgirl, I went on and sent everyone my address, although I felt like I was asking for candies.
But I did it. I do have a question maybe someone can answer this , I have Nursebonnie and djmat on my list for December but those names wasn't sent to me have they dropped out of the swap?