Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 07-10-2016, 02:45 AM

Sewbizgirl...I am doing the Row by Row. If you want me to pick up any kits along the way let me know. You can go to Michigan row by row on Facebook and they have a lot of them posted. I live in South central/eastern Michigan. so go check it out. The one in Wayne Mi ...Bits and Pieces is really cute. (and close) Also Ann Arbor sewing center. Let me know. Anyone else interested just let me know also.

Sewbizgirl...love the birthday greeting on post 1460 is that a photo???

Jennr8r love the log cabin that you posted. Maybe you could do a QAL with us. Let me know. Love how it turned out. And it looks like you have some good directions that you could post the steps here.

Sewbizgirl....love the quilt on post 1416 .....any idea of what the pattern is called?

Happylab....I look forward to seeing your AK crossroads when it is finished 90 blocks that is amazing!

SheriR...Love the quilt for your daughter...do you want to adopt me? You never know I may need to get married again.

Leesewzany ...please post what you made for the other quilt group. Inquiring minds want to know.....

one more camping thing....Anoka quilter.... I love to camp but not rustic camping...gotta have me a flush toilet!

all caught up!
Old 07-10-2016, 02:53 AM

Wednesday my mom had shoulder surgery. The surgery went well and she is now in a rehab center. She is sleeping a lot which is good because that means the pain is manageable. She will be in the rehab for two weeks then she is suppose to be coming to my house for a few days. Then I have siblings (3) coming in town for a week each to give us some help. I will be on vacation for 2 of these weeks so I hope to go out of town for a few days.

I have no new info on Baby Beatrice. I have only taken care of her the one day. Parents are in denial that there is any problem. So I can not help them out. Keep them in your prayers.

Barb
Old 07-10-2016, 04:18 AM

Happy Birthday nls. I hope you had a great day and extend it to a birthday weekend!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:55 AM

Well Barbara it is certainly clear to me now why you can manage this swap with everything else you have in your life! You are one organizational wizard!

Delegate, relegate, chores to all those camping! Who would of thunk it! I certainly never did. The washing of dishes I rather liked, it got the grit from under my finger nails and cuticles, how sanitary the dishes were, well that is subjective to the conditions???? Well I guess that no one ever got sick except for me, sick and tired by the end of a vacation of camping is all? LOL

I chuckled all through your post #1462 relating to so much, love Goose Pond and the imagination of what it must have been like :0) Still being married is a good thing! I never got the backing up with a trailer thing, however my hubby could whip that camper in between two pine trees with inches of clearance. He tried once to teach me to back our pontoon next to the boat ramp...not a talent I learned for certain nor truth be known did I want to. I think maybe my hubby suspected that once again, I didn't want the job. Much like when we were first married nearly 50 years ago now, when I deliberately made the bed crooked and he said, "Just let me do it!" So for nearly 50 years now he still makes the bed to 'perfection' each morning. Tee Hee !
Old 07-10-2016, 07:01 AM

Thank-you again to my swap friends ~
Received 6-25
Sunrise450
Jaba
Imanna
dotcomdtcm
JENNR8R

Patrick's Mom
<3<3<3<3<3<3
Here are more wonderful surprises that came in the MAIL
7-1 it's so much fun going to the mailbox!
Barbara Kibler
DjMat
NLS
MizMelly

<3<3<3<3
Received 7-6 Thank-you ladies!
Happylab
Anoka quilter
Crispy_Frog
Gaijin
<3<3<3<3

Received a plump birthday card yesterday!
July 8th
SheriR
<3

Received another squishy envelope in the mail!
July 9th
trishb
<3
Old 07-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Barb, your camping experience only serves to reinforce why I don't camp! Mostly... it's the husband thing. Too much togetherness! We live in the woods with no other human beings within sight. WHY would I want to go to a campground and live squished in besides all those other campers? We have a wildlife park at home... all to ourselves, LOL! At least that's what I tell hubby whenever he gets the notion.

The cake quilt is a photo I got from Google. Don't know where the quilt originated, but I love it! Likewise, I don't know where the scrappy quilt pattern is from, but it's one of the latest posts in the Scrappy Quilt Show thread. You could probably find the maker and ask about a pattern.

Well ladies, so much happened yesterday! I am in Memphis and went shop hopping for RxR patterns. Also bought a NEW CAR! I am so excited. And also can't believe I did it. My old CRV, I bought new in 2006 and have driven it for ten years. I still love it but at 203,000 miles I figured it was time to trade it in! I'm surprised they wanted it with that mileage, but they did! So I'll be going home from Memphis in a 2014 Rav 4! A beauty.

Barb I will look up those shops in the areas you mentioned. I'd love some patterns! Will be in touch about trading. One of the ones I got here in Memphis has a big Graceland in the center, and Elvis fabric around it. I got some of the Elvis fabric, instead of the kit.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:33 AM
nls

Ladies, thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes--it made the day extra special. Also thanks again for all the great "candy".
Received candy squares this week from:
Gaijin
Crispy Frog
Anoka quilter
Onaemtnest
Fraew
ZoZee
Leesewzany
trish b
Happylab
Old cat lady
SheriR
Janice McC
Old 07-10-2016, 11:00 AM

Nls, a belated Happy birthday! My apologies for missing your big day. Hope it was all you'd hoped.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Showbizgirl, congrates on your new Rav4. You picked my favorite kind of car.

I just love the stories about the camping trips. I shared them with my husband, he didn't laugh like I did.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:51 PM

Hi NLS...I have you waiting on 4 more packages. Please let me know when they arrive.

Originally Posted by nls View Post
Ladies, thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes--it made the day extra special. Also thanks again for all the great "candy".
Received candy squares this week from:
Gaijin
Crispy Frog
Anoka quilter
Onaemtnest
Fraew
ZoZee
Leesewzany
trish b
Happylab
Old cat lady
SheriR