Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 04-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Onalee, too funny! Those computers can do some really funky things!
Old 04-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Thanks go out to Zozee! I received your envelope-yay!
Old 04-21-2016, 09:41 AM

Sorry to hear some of you are having issues with Windows - 10. Keep working at the learning curve. Imo, it was worth my time. I like the new Windows 10. I did have to do a learning curve time, plus my husband programmed in all of my programs. So I didn't experience the headaches most of you have. I enjoy the combination of Windows and having apps. It's kind of like an apple product and computer program in one. Plus it's a free program to switch over from the old system.

I'm working on my Ak crossroads top. I have 1/4 of the second blocks done. hopefully I will be done with those by the end of today. I figure I will be done with the top by the end of the month. So I should be able to start the new QAL ar the end of the month. I did not use up many of my squares on this project. I figure we need many more QAL to use up all of my little squares. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's tops from the QAL. Very pretty everyone!!!!!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:04 PM

Count me in on not being a fan of Windows 10. I just haven't had the time or inclination to learn it in depth yet.

Barb, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine going through something like that. I know that she has been a little angel who has been with you every day throughout the years. Wishing you peace and comfort. (((Hugs)))
Old 04-21-2016, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words happylab referring to post 793. Actually for me it's the learning curve. My main issue is the mail program right now. I cannot find what XP Outlook called the address book. Right now to access my email addresses I have to go to MSN and access outlook there. I KNOW it's got to be easier to add a new email address than going to my MSN account.

It is a totally new computer as our old one was going on 8 years old and Dell online had a terrific price. Since MS and Google were no longer supporting XP we decided it was time to get 10. I have Windows 10 on a laptop that is next to my sewing machine, which I use only to listen to Audible and watch quilting tutorials. I haven't had issues with that, and my husband has the patience of Job so when I get frustrated he jumps in and tries to figure what I don't know how. :0)

Plus we have an ace-in-the-hole friend who teaches us both and gets us out of seemingly impossible jams. Since it's just the two of us empty nester I've never learned to cook for just two, so seal-a-meal left over meals go to him to fill his freezer in exchange for his help.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:48 PM

Oh oldcatlady post 794 I agree it's hard for me too to be a fan yet! When you are as old as I am, it's harder and harder to accept change and when I just become comfortable with technology it has changed and is old. :0)

But then all of my life, even re-arranging the living room furniture is something I've never done! Maybe it's a life long resistance to 'change'....hmm something for me to think about now....LOL Actually it's probably because I never wanted to see what was under the sofa....really LOL now!

By the way I love your profile picture of the cat! I can't tell what is he/she laying on? Talk about nap attack!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:50 PM

Hey Mariposa ~ It was the computer's fault....it didn't correct me when I put in the wrong date for your birthday!
Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 AM

Red face

FUN TIME!

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen a game on here in a while. I love the ones that Barbara posts. I am going to send a quilty prize to whomever can answer all or most of the following questions by noon 04/27/16. Please private message me your answers. Forgive me if Barbara has already used these....but here goes my attempt:

1. How many 2.5" candy squares can you get in a typical 18"x22" fat quarter?

2. What is a common, typical measurement for a baby quilt?

3. How many charms are in a Moda Charm Pack?

4. How many 2.5" squares are in one single Moda Charm?

5. Name the Best Selling Quilt Magazine.

6. What is the name of the famous scrappy quilt designer?

These are not specially scientifically calculated answers. Use your best guess or search on the internet. Whoever is the closest and the earliest response will win. There will be a prize for the runner up. I will announce the winner on 02/27/16.

Have a Fun Day!

**Crispy**
Old 04-22-2016, 12:09 PM

Crispy_Frog, I believe that you need to change the winner date. LOL Feb. has already passed.

Can any one tell me when we get the next addresses for the birthday girls. We do have one due on the 1st of May!!!
Cathy
Old 04-22-2016, 12:10 PM

Or did I miss the post?