Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 04-17-2016, 08:09 PM

Hello ladies....looks like a fun week of visiting, shopping and quilting!

So glad that Sewbizgirl has all of her candy squares... looks like some great loot you have there! Love the cards all hanging too!

Mooonrise...sounds like your DH is a keeper. Mine went shopping ( only 1 store) and said buy what you want, when I was trying to choose between two different fat quarter packs. I picked one he said the other matches buy that one too! Maybe I should take him shopping more often.

Sunrise450 ...I have you waiting on 2 packages and Mariposa..... I have you waiting on 1 package.
This might just make me do a happy dance for these two ladies to get ALL of their packages on time. I hope it happens!!!! If you haven't mailed yet..please do so now.

DJmat .....thanks for sharing the picture of you and Mariposa. How wonderful to meet a quilting friend out in the real world! Michigan is a lovely place to visit, especially in the summer with our "Great Big Lakes!" Let me know if anyone is coming up this way!!!

WMUTeach we are only about 2 hours away from each other...we should meet up this summer when the "Row by Row" starts.

WMUTeach did you do the QAL with Sewbizgirl? Just wondering because that busted a lot of my 2.5" ( there is still plenty more). Good luck on emptying a box.

Sewbizgirl....Hope you enjoyed Paducah. Pictures please also how did the Charity quilt sew a long go? Sounds like a great idea!

Barb
Old 04-17-2016, 08:24 PM

Just wanted to share with you ladies that this is a difficult time of the year for me. So that is why I have not been on for the past week and may not be a lot this week.

My daughter Emily's birthday is April 11th. She passed away when she was only a year and 9 days old on April 20th. Even though a lot of years have passed, the grief is so close to the surface at this time of the year.

This year seems to have hit a little harder than usual, not sure why. I think maybe with the two new granddaughters, that to me look so much like her. Almost takes my breathe away.

Barb
Old 04-17-2016, 08:54 PM

Oh, Barb, I am SO sorry! How tragic. Just a baby at 1 year and 9 days! My heart aches for you. I hope you find comfort in seeing your daughter's likeness in the faces of your beautiful new granddaughters.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:00 AM

Barb, thank you so much for sharing your pain. I can't even imagine what it feels like to lose a daughter so young. I pray that you find comfort in your beautiful granddaughters and that somehow you are able to find a moment of peace amid all the pain. Hugs and prayers!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:08 PM

Barb, I believe I have posted all that I have received and my list is completely filled. The last two pkgs I received was from Gaigin and Janice McC. I posted a message to thank both. (Thank you again girls!)
Barb, please accept my condolences. My heart hurts for you.
Bonnie, I hope you have a great time in Paducah. which I know you will! Send pictures! We want to get in on the fun too!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Barb, I'm so sorry for this sorrow in your life. I can't imagine losing a baby at just one year old... or any age! It's wonderful that the grandbabies look enough like her to remind you of her.

My youngest son looks nothing like my Dad, but he has his same voice and mannerisms... same giftings and interests. It's spooky, yet really comforting to me. Like Dad is living on through my son. I love it.

Paducah is this week and I'm leaving tomorrow! Yes, I will certainly share pictures. Not going to the quilt show until Thursday. I'm going to shop the town before then.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:42 PM

Have fun in Paducah Sewbizgirl.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Have fun in Paducah Sewbizgirl.
Thank you, AQ!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:49 PM

Barb, I know first hand the heart ache of losing a child. I lit a candle for us and our precious children in my heart.

Am in Pensacola this week, doing a little shop hopping from here to Mobile, and hanging out with hubby at the base here. Nobody ever told me how beautiful it is here, wow. Today I saw a humungous tree about 100 feet from the surf, absolutely breathtaking. God has given this place a wave of his hand so to speak. Home late Sunday, so Happy Birthday, All you April cool chicks!!!
hugs,
dj
Old 04-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Enjoy the beach, DJ! How about some pics?