Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 04-19-2016, 08:19 AM

Barb - My heart goes out to you. I don't have any children so I cannot even imagine how painful it must be to lose a child. Please know that my thoughts are with you.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:10 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548207[/ATTACH]

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIPOSA!

Wishing and hoping you are spending your special day doing exactly what you wish to be doing. May you have a most blessed day today and in the coming year!
Attached Thumbnails big-hugs-4-ur-bd.gif   benv.gif  
Old 04-19-2016, 12:29 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548209[/ATTACH]
Oh Sweet Barb ~
With understanding there is no time limit on loving and missing those that have 'graduated' to the place of no tears, sorrow or pain. Allow this time of grief, with the understanding that your circle of friends share your sadness today and in the future, wrapping you in their prayers and love even though it may be miles and miles away, so too our hearts are heavy for you.

Attached Thumbnails lb_springfloral_thinkingofyou.jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 01:25 PM

OK, I have to ask. How do you post the Birthday Wishes and Thinking of You art?
Old 04-20-2016, 06:23 AM

Hello Anoka ~

I'll try and explain and if you want please PM to me and I'll try and explain differently. Admittedly my tech knowledge is limited and I'm the kind of person whose brain freezes with tech speak.

I have saved 'siggies' (those images with my name attached like Smiles, Onalee) or saved 'gifs' to a documents folder. Then within this message in the tool bar you'll see the tab insert image, then I select 'From Computer', choose a siggy or gif click download, then it is inserted in a message here.

If you go out on the web and search for instance "Birthday gifs" it will take you to thousands of sites that offer free gifs that you can save to your computer. "The thinking of you" gif may have been from one of those sites.

I've been collecting gifs and siggies for probably 12 years, mostly from a subscription forum, if you want to know about that forum group PM to me and I'll share more, I don't want to break rules here.

On this board I've been told not to post any art with any motion as it can cause those sensitive to migraines a motion siggy or gif can cause migraines.

I decorate my personal emails with siggies and gifs which is where I use these pieces of art the most. I love to send emails to friends and family. More than that I love to 'decorate' those emails with siggies and gifs. Again, PM to me and I'll share what I know. :0)
Old 04-20-2016, 06:47 AM

Happy Birthday, Mariposa!!
Old 04-20-2016, 06:53 AM

Haven't been on much, trying to learn Win 10 and it sure is different! Should have had my head examined for sure. Happy Birthday Mariposa, hope your day was wonderful!
Old 04-20-2016, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for the early fun birthday wishes. So kind of you!
In all honesty, my birthday is actually on the 27th~~
Old 04-20-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Haven't been on much, trying to learn Win 10 and it sure is different! Should have had my head examined for sure. Happy Birthday Mariposa, hope your day was wonderful!

Oh Whew! I too am learning Windows 10! Our Dell was 7 years old with XP and I loved it, but Google and MS were no longer supporting the systems. DH purchased for me a Desk Top Dell. Just the email for Windows 10, alone was/is driving me nuts. I cannot figure out how to set font size and font style as a default. Reading online it seems MS in all their wisdom of 20 something software designers decided that tiny font is appropriate and as of yet they do not allow individuals make a default setting.

I thought one function was wonderful the calendar where I could put everyone's birthday and I'd be alerted! Well I messed up on that one as Mariposa says her BD is the 27th not the 19th...off to see where I goofed.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=Mariposa;7528371]Thank you for the early fun birthday wishes. So kind of you!
In all honesty, my birthday is actually on the 27th~~ [/QUOTE

Okay it's all my fault Mariposa....DH just a few days ago replaced my old computer with a new Windows 10 and I'm trying to learn all the bells and whistles...trust me I'd rather be piecing a quilt :0) Anyhow there is a new-to-me calendar function that alerts birthdays! Voila I think to myself WOWZERS I won't miss BD ladies here just enter their BD and I'm good to go, as I don't visit the board everyday. Well let's blame Windows 10 I couldn't possibly have entered your birthday wrong....LOL Well I'm off to see if I can see where I went wrong. Anyway Happy Early Birthday and hopefully I'll remember or will be alerted on the 27th too! Oh sigh.....