Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2018 March - June Wall Hanging Swap >

2018 March - June Wall Hanging Swap

2018 March - June Wall Hanging Swap

Old 04-09-2018, 04:56 PM

I'd like to join, I have a new applique book.....can't wait to pick something out of it. It's got some lovely ideas.
I've had the flu the last three weeks, finally on the mend and sewing a little bit
Old 04-10-2018, 02:06 AM
Power Poster

Welcome Irene. Glad you are mending from the flu. Getting our energy back is a good feeling.

It will be nice to see some applique. I haven't even picked a project yet.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Default Sign up list - only for fun no committment here

Of course the sign up list is just for fun and to see who is playing.
For those who don't know - this list is not a commitment.
You can jump in anytime up until midnight on the last day of June as long as you have a WH ready to mail.
The list you must be on is the Ready to Mail list at the end of the swap.

Welcome to the new swappers joining us!! Hope you enjoy the swap!!

1..skaduzy
2..Armylady2012
3..Rumbols
4..ube quilting
5..ljdugas
6..jaba
7..Linny
8..kwiltaholic
9..Jan Rutherford
10.marscrafter
11.notmorecraft
12.snownannie
13.Irene C
14.LindaC

Last edited by Rhonda; 04-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

glad to see you gals are keeping the conversation flowing along!! I am excited about having new people join in and adding to our international members is a bonus! Thanks Armylady!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Your Welcome, I am still looking to see who else I may be able to ask.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

I've never actively looked for people to join in the swap. It's always been self sustaining so to speak. but it is great to have more international people. I like to keep the variety as mixed as possible but hard to do when you only have 5 international swappers.

I sooooo appreciate both international and US swappers!! You have all been wonderful now and over the years. I couldn't have a successful swap with out you all! I"m always amazed at how long this swap has survived! I had my doubts when I dreamed up the rules and conditions. but it has really worked out well. I think Patrice thought I was nuts when I presented the idea to her. She gave me the go ahead and that was back in the fall of 2012.

This swap was the outcome of my getting tired of answering questions like Can I use my entry if it is 2" over the posted size? or Can I do multimedia? or I'm sorry I won't be able to send (this at the last moment) or someone just didn't follow through and then we had to scramble for an angel item to replace the one that never arrived because that sender backed out and didn't tell me. As any host who is familiar with these things knows these things happen in most swaps.

so I decided on the time frame. I debated on 3 months or 4 months and decided on the quarterly approach. then no limits made sense. No need to ask me if it is too small or too large. No need to agonize on if it is appropriate for this swap. I don't mind answering questions but some are just annoying when you've answered and explained a number of times. so this way there's no problem!! Anything goes!!

I started out with putting names in a list and having the top one send to the next on the list and so on. Problem with that is the international ones don't work that way. so I used to just pull names out of a hat. LOL but that had problems too. Ube had sent to skaduzy several times so no I don't want her to send to skadyzy again so soon. or someone wanted to send close to home one time and I had to consider that.
so it has evolved into my balancing who is the best fit for whom.

I'd dearly love to send the one you want to you but it just wouldn't work LOL everyone might want the same one!!

AND ON GOES THE SHOW!! I hope you all have fun making wall hangings and enjoy the fellowship of like minded quilters!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

I have enjoyed every swap since near the beginning of it. I have a wonderful collection of small quilts to display throughout the year and enjoy them all. Thanks Rhonda for keeping the swap going.

All the players are wonderful.
peace
Old 04-19-2018, 04:23 AM

Some weeks I have tons of time, others I'm scrambling! But I always love to come on here and read and see people's progress and projects (and Ube's stunning wildlife pics!) I will be joining again ... and I will ensure mine is done super early, so I can mail internationally super early too!
Old 05-23-2018, 10:35 PM

Today in the mail I received my WH (Nov-Feb) from Marions Quilts. Well worth the wait, I love it and all the fat Qtrs and bird fabric and magazines too. I have taken photos on my I Pad and will put them up next.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-24-2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 05-23-2018, 10:40 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594844[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594845[/ATTACH]Thank you Marion,
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg