2018 Summertime Block Swap >

2018 Summertime Block Swap

2018 Summertime Block Swap

Old 01-29-2018, 09:37 AM

I love the wild and colorful block.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
Can blocks in a set be different sizes?
I believe the blocks in each set should all be the same size and pattern; however, you can use different fabrics within the set.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:09 AM

Teen, your blocks have arrived. 5 sets (20 Blocks), Plus one and your self addressed stamped envelope. You are all set. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
I believe the blocks in each set should all be the same size and pattern; however, you can use different fabrics within the set.
Agreed. All blocks in a set should be the same size. Scrappy (different fabrics) is fine.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:21 AM

Summertime Block Swap

Judith1005
JayneW
djmat
Cuppy
Redgarnett222
NZquilter
buddy'smom
hav4boys
kwyltaholic
Armylady2012
SuziSew
mjpEncinitas
Texastam
DarcyShannon

Received Blocks

Teen, 5 sets (20 Blocks, Plus 1), Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
Old 01-29-2018, 12:17 PM

Judith-My blocks are in the mail to you I have pm’d you tracking number. So excited to get blocks back they are all so creative!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Teen, your blocks have arrived. 5 sets (20 Blocks), Plus one and your self addressed stamped envelope. You are all set. Thank you.
Excellent! Thank you!
Old 01-30-2018, 02:36 AM

Thank you all for your well wishes. Today a good friend came over and helped me pack. Today was the day I saw the turning point that this can be done. It is so fun to come here and see what people are sewing and creating while I am packing. It makes me itch to get my sewing set up later this month to get Summer blocks ready.

Off Topic but hopefully entertains. However, in determining which company to use for a rental truck I went to a consumer affairs site. That was a mistake. There are so many horror stories. I can not believe what people have gone through during a move. One person had her car she was towing come off and she didn’t know it until miles later when filling up on gas. She located her car by calling the police and it was so battered that it needed $6,000 in repairs. So finally, I decided to look at how many bad reviews my first choice of moving trucks had in the last year. 150. That may seem like a lot but if you think of how many truck rentals happen all over the USA in one year it made me realized that only people who have a bad story bother to write a review. So I will proceed with caution, review the contract carefully and hope for a non eventful move.

We do our main move in eight days. Yeah and yikes!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:26 AM

Good luck with your move, hubby and I are deciding if we want to move from NY to MN, where our daughter April moved, she's not well and by herself, but at our age not sure the move is the right thing?

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Thank you all for your well wishes. Today a good friend came over and helped me pack. Today was the day I saw the turning point that this can be done. It is so fun to come here and see what people are sewing and creating while I am packing. It makes me itch to get my sewing set up later this month to get Summer blocks ready.

Off Topic but hopefully entertains. However, in determining which company to use for a rental truck I went to a consumer affairs site. That was a mistake. There are so many horror stories. I can not believe what people have gone through during a move. One person had her car she was towing come off and she didn’t know it until miles later when filling up on gas. She located her car by calling the police and it was so battered that it needed $6,000 in repairs. So finally, I decided to look at how many bad reviews my first choice of moving trucks had in the last year. 150. That may seem like a lot but if you think of how many truck rentals happen all over the USA in one year it made me realized that only people who have a bad story bother to write a review. So I will proceed with caution, review the contract carefully and hope for a non eventful move.

We do our main move in eight days. Yeah and yikes!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:33 AM

Moving is awful. I moved from New Zealand to the US about seven years ago, and I never want another big move again! Especially now that I have a family, I don't! I agree, Darcyshannon, so much can go wrong. The stress can be almost overwhelming. Try to be positive about it and think of how much the new place will be of benefit, but treasure the memories of your old home.