Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 10-28-2020, 06:51 AM

Oh Carrie, I love it! It reminds me of a window (my center) with in a window and everyone's round just added to the illusion. Then your beautiful round finishes off and adds a frame. So pretty. Thank you everyone who worked on my quilt. This being my first RR I did not know what to expect but I have grown and enjoyed it tremendously.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:17 PM

I received my quilt back today...I love it!!! Some asked for a bigger picture so I tried to get one, plus a close up of the beautiful batik used that really matches the rest of the quilt so nicely. Current size is around 55x80...fits great on the built in day-bed (twin-size mattress) in my living room.

I also got to the post office so Sharon your bee quilt is on its way home!
Attached Thumbnails img_2561.jpeg   img_2562.jpeg  
Old 10-30-2020, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

Much better picture, Carrie... thank you! Great finish.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:32 AM

So I've been quietly keeping to my quilting and happy things and last week has been better while being mostly off line.

I have had some talks with Rebecca who has been under the weather. I gave her extra freedom in border sizes and such, she knows that I wish to end up with something queen sized and rectangular and that I still have those "basket" blocks to hopefully put with my top. Well, they will go, just don't know front or back... I also told her to not overly stress the time factor, that if she could get "substantially complete" pictures by the 15th so the group can see I can wait for actual delivery until the end of the month.

My goal is to have my borders on in time for my upcoming Tuesday Group, so I will most definitely be on time! Getting a picture is going to be tough, but I think the best bet is to go to my husband's work lunch room.

I'm happy with what I've come up with. I decided my original concept wasn't going to work well for two reasons, one was I didn't have enough black fabric and two, it was basically a Seminole design and super small and all the seams would make it stiff and uncomfortable. So I played with the scale, enlarging it greatly (while keeping close to 6", oh... 10" blocks would have been so much easier and doable!) and reducing the amount of black I was using to what I actually have until I had a compromise of vision, fabric, and quilt. Or I have something anyway!

I want to say again how much our efforts have interested and amused the people around me. I have my small group, neighbors and at least 6 other people following the adventures and story via email. Everyone has been so impressed by all of you, and maybe the neighbors might be thinking of me as more eccentric than crazy
Old 10-31-2020, 05:49 AM

iceblossom...I am sure I will love whatever you add. I can't wait to see it.

Yes, this round robin has been interesting to see what each one has added next. We have some talented ladies in this group!
Old 10-31-2020, 07:48 AM

Ice, the same with me-- I have a friend at work who I shared pictures of a top I was working on by email, then just started sending her all our pictures and she's enjoying seeing our work. I've also shared with my sisters by email. So, even people not on the board are getting a taste of what we are creating.

Everyone has loads of compliments, girls!
Old 10-31-2020, 01:22 PM

These 2 are for Irishmom. The blue and gray is my version of the Tornado and the other is the Emerald city. Hope you like them. Love the brightness of your fabric.
Attached Thumbnails made-isrismom1.jpg   irish-mom-2.jpg  
Old 10-31-2020, 01:38 PM

Here is some more blocks. It was a very productive day! Sorry for the pictures being a bit off color... bedroom was shady today.

Aunt59, the picture came out a bit dark. The coral is lighter with gold edging around the bubbles.

Have4boys, I picked Maine! The lobster print is a light blue but it's showing up more white.

Jaba's colors was the only one that came out pretty close to actual colors.

Attached Thumbnails made-aunt59.jpg   made-have4boys.jpg   made-jaba.jpg  
Old 10-31-2020, 02:11 PM

Bugaroo, These must be your blocks for the 3 Month Boom thread?

I made 8 blocks for Round 5 so far today. My goal is 10 today. I'm taking a break for the Trick-or-Treaters.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:05 PM

Yes they are ... I did it again!!