Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 11-24-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
I finally got help to take a picture of sewbizgirl's top. My son moved some furniture in his room so nothing was in the way, and my granddaughter took the picture while her dad and I held it up. It's big! The second picture is one of the cornerstones of the round. The bird fabric is so cute.

SBG, I'll send you tracking when I've got it in the mail.

Givio, this turned out great.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:13 AM

Rebaquilts, you and your family are in my prayers.

My dad tested positive for covid yesterday, he did not have the criteria to be admitted to the small town hospital so they sent him back home with medications, hospital bed and wheelchair.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Reba, so very sorry for your Dad's situation. Hope you will find peace. May Fred be blessed beyond measure. And your mom too... hope she recovers completely.

Mona, sorry for your Dad's diagnosis too. May he recover completely. Prayers going up for both of your families....
Old 11-24-2020, 12:21 PM

Reba - be thankful that you were able to be with him. It is truly a blessing. Prayers going out for your family.
Mona - can't get over they sent him home with a bed - I hope it included a nurse too.. Praying
Got a call from the LA and she said her DH who never has an opinion - loved the quilt you all made! wow. will pick it up tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:55 PM

Rebecca, It's a difficult time for you, especially as you are just are recovering yourself from covid... and now your father and step mother have it too. I sat with my dying father (cancer) and it was a comfort to know where he was going and that we would meet again. I hope you and your father have comfort and peace too.

IceBlossom, I hope you find the way to repair the relationship with your mother while there is still time.

Mona, There are so many contact restriction guidelines... I hope you are able to be a source of strength and encouragement to your father and that he gets well soon.

...Such troubles! ...Be well one and all! ...Make sure your loved ones know they are loved.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:28 PM

...Such troubles! ...Be well one and all! ...Make sure your loved ones know they are loved.

Amen Givio!!!
Old 11-26-2020, 07:40 AM

Happy Thanksgiving all! Please take some time to say aloud 10 or more things you are thankful for. :-) We are so blessed, and it's good to be grateful for those blessings and take the time to think about them.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:18 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, wishing you all a blessed day.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

We had a great time at my daughter’s for Thanksgiving today. My little granddaughter is so precious and now that she is walking she’s into everything. I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:21 PM

Default Birdie Flying home

Hi all, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. My dad Fred Breitkreuz, passed on Tuesday from COVID. Since my step mom has COVID, and I had recovered, they allowed me into the ICU to be with him, only one visitor allowed. I never thought I would say I am glad I got COVID until now. God’s mercy is apparent even in illness. I was able to pray with my dad at his passing, just as I did for my mom. The key to beating COVID is extreme rest—reduce lung respiration. COVID feeds on lung oxygen so if you practice extreme rest, you have a chance of beating it. This knowledge came too late for my dad as he went walking and climbing stairs and went downhill in only 1/2 hour. When I tried to start doing things like housework and walking, I immediately experienced extreme shortness of breath. Tell everyone you know—give yourself a blank check to watch every rerun you want and take naps :-)

Attached are the pics of Iceblossom’s top, it’s going home finally on Monday. Iceblossom has some basket blocks she will be using for the last border, so I knew no more baskets. I liked Sewbiz’s y-seams, so when I found the rosebud block with y-seams from the 30’s Kansas City Star book, I resized them and used them, as I think they coordinate well with the basket flowers and her prior border. Although I love to use some leftover fabric in my borders to tie in the rest of the quilt, this time I had to make the blocks scrappy as the leftover fabric pieces weren’t big enough for the longer triangle points in the pattern. I tried to match Sewbiz’s in-between triangles, but the leaves of the rosebuds just got lost and it didn’t look good, so I ripped off the border and added the floral blue strip to coordinate with the arrow-blue color in the prior round.

Iceblossom likes World of Warcraft, so I decided to appliqué WOW medieval houses in the corner blocks, a nod to the darker brown in the other rounds, the arrow/pine trees/flying geese reminded me of Bavaria, so I tried to make the architecture “heavy” with stone foundations. I thought about an entire border but I felt it would be too lopsided and bottom heavy.

Thanks so much for your patience, Iceblossom. Hugs all.
Attached Thumbnails bceabaa1-cd42-442a-afdc-420e42a32b8d.jpeg   b66b593a-98ca-4863-a5f6-1a66919c3a98.jpeg   655fb5e8-0ca2-4299-ad06-56dad1db218a.jpeg   4834e030-a980-4c48-bbf2-2dbe5aeed9c8.jpeg