Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-18-2020, 04:00 PM

I've wanted to do a RR for years. I was off the board for awhile and decided to hop on today to see what was going on and see I missed it! LOL. I'll be watching.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:47 PM

Oh, excellent, carriem! The yellow looks just right with those cool colors. Nice pattern!
Macybaby, That white on white really pops in your picture. Is it a Jinny Beyer stripe in the center?
No, SBG, you aren't the only one-- I've sent a note along with my center saying that I don't prefer embroidery. :-)
TG, I think it will be a few weeks before Group 1's first round pictures show up. Some of us haven't posted pictures of our centers, and I think several have not been mailed yet.

oldcatlady, keep us in mind and check back about another RR in case one starts in December.

Last edited by givio; 06-18-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:25 PM

I agree with sewbizgirl, Carrie. The colors really complement each other and the yellow is wonderful. Very pretty.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:46 AM

Givio, that is not a GB border, though I do have quite a few of her designs, I really like working with it.

But now I'm rethinking if I want to use this center for the RR. Two reasons - 1 - it might be harder to find fabric that looks good with it, and 2 - I found about 3 yards of the border fabric that I used in the center, and I'd love to use it in the quilt to tie it all together.

A while back I made a quilt using the Halo pattern for inspiration, and I really liked that center. I gave that quilt away, so I could use that pattern to make anther center for this one.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:03 AM

macybaby, anytime you are ready to send it fine. It'll just give me more time to ponder...
Embroidery is fine with me if the center or round calls for it. Lots of times it just fits and turns out beautiful.
Just finished 2 quilts for customers and I have bits and pieces all over my sewing room. May be a clean up today for sure. I have 1 finished to the flimsy stage for another client but have to decide on how to make the back. This one is the biggest I've ever made, 103" x 122", it will certainly stretch my long arm and it wears me out just moving it around. Kind of intimidating
Beautiful centers in both groups, looking forward to seeing each round and how they progress.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:12 AM

Here it is. Finished size 12"x18" (well 12 1/2"x18-1/2" w/seam allowance).

Bugaroo--do you want me to go ahead and put it in the mail tomorrow? I know you said you were traveling...
Attached Thumbnails img_1812.jpeg  

Last edited by carriem; 06-19-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Great center, Carrie! Let's get this show on the road...

I'm so excited that Givio's center is supposed to arrive today! I can play!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-19-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: rants are not permitted
Old 06-19-2020, 10:06 AM

"*For the Record*, our member Bugaroo has been called ..."

I caught that as soon as I posted and edited it...but those who get notifications probably got the original post...sorry about that!!!

Last edited by carriem; 06-19-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

No problem, Carrie. Even people who have known me as Sewbiz in the Boom threads for years still call me 'Showbiz'. Bug is fairly new to the board and I didn't want her name to be misunderstood.

I have a (maybe annoying) habit of shortening other people's names, as I just did with Bug! That may bother others too. I hope they will tell me if it does.

No biggie!
Old 06-19-2020, 11:55 AM

Carriem, great center I think I get yours for the last round. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when I get it