Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-21-2020, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

So, Group 1, has everyone received a center? If not, be sure to communicate with your mailing partner to see if they are on track. If anyone has a delay for any reason, be sure to communicate with your mailing partner!

Looking forward to seeing your ideas.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:09 AM

Wow ladies, I have been missing this thread.

I did send out a PM that I've been dealing with things in Seattle, some days better than others. This past week I wrenched my knee really badly. It's an old skiing accident but back in the 70s they didn't mess with knees. Think a scope and a scraping and I may be good as new but I'm hoping to last a couple more months before I do that.

It's been bad enough that I consider being able to make it to the bathroom and to my coffee and back without any drips of anything to be enough of a success to count.

Last I checked in, we were to mail out tomorrow and I am ready to do that. I haven't gone back through the thread to double check on the particulars. I may not be able to drive yet, but the hubby can get me to the post office in the afternoon. Will be doing that now.

I'm sorry I haven't been more active on the forum, but I did get my center done and I am so looking forward to this.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:14 AM

Iceblossom -- I fell 2 years ago and tore my meniscus 2 two places. SO much pain! You have my sympathy and prayers for quick mending, which unfortunately involves surgery.

Rebaquilts... Love your center. Springy bright bu soft colors.. so pretty. And thanks for the examples... they really help so much.

Ladies, the notebook idea is wonderful. I would also like to do this with pictures please. Great way for a newbeeee to start out!

Just worked up my sauerkraut with hubbies help. Now ready to start thinking/sewing/quilting....
Old 06-21-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post
Iceblossom -- I fell 2 years ago and tore my meniscus 2 two places. SO much pain! You have my sympathy and prayers for quick mending, which unfortunately involves surgery.
Just worked up my sauerkraut with hubbies help. Now ready to start thinking/sewing/quilting....
I am a dedicated lurker to this thread, and I love the blocks, but I am jealous of the kraut! I used to make it when we lived in the country, and it was so-o-o-o much better than the bought stuff....
Old 06-21-2020, 02:44 PM

granky, I agree with that! My father-in-law used to always can sauerkraut in the fall. He got the whole family involved in the process. We always needed plenty extra for giving away, as people loved it.
My word, Reba! 'When it rains, it pours!' Thanks for all those posts!
SBG, thanks for your support.

Last edited by givio; 06-21-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:19 PM

Granky and Givo, we worked up 35 pounds of regular sauerkraut in a 20 liter crock and 20 pounds of a kimchi version in a 10 liter. Bugaroo sat under the table eating cabbage... he is a weird dog! Once when we were away for the day, he ate a 5 pound bag of potatoes!!!

I worked on my center today... it's a work in progress. I have some smaller flowers to add and then the green vines. What do ya'll think? This is also my first time appliqueing for a quilt.
Attached Thumbnails center-2.jpg  
Old 06-21-2020, 04:29 PM

Is it to late to sign up for this? I have not done one before but the Boom 24 swap and have talked about doing this type of thing before.

Thanks, Christy

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-22-2020 at 03:16 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-21-2020, 04:44 PM

Bugaroo--I'll pass on sauerkraut...but do like cabbage both raw and cooked. Our dogs love all veggies and fruits we'll give them. If you break two bananas apart they hear it and come running/sit pretty waiting for a bite. lol Your center is coming together! The bee is fun and the different colors of flowers will give everyone lots of options when they add their borders.

Christy...so far there have been 2 groups fill up. In the last few days I think there have been 3-4 others who have been bummed they missed out, you might go through the comments and see if you can get a group of 5-6 together...someone just has to be the "go to" person in the group (organize who sends to who, collect addresses, etc)...check with sewbizgirl to see if you can have the 3rd group in this thread too so we can all see each others centers grow.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:22 PM

Please send me your address so I can mail tomorrow. I can't find it in the thread.
Also, I would appreciate it if you could post a picture of mine when you get it since
I had problems. Many blessings,
Lee Ann
Old 06-21-2020, 06:54 PM

Bug that is super cute.