Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-21-2020, 10:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LeeAnn View Post
Please send me your address so I can mail tomorrow. I can't find it in the thread.
Also, I would appreciate it if you could post a picture of mine when you get it since
I had problems. Many blessings,
Lee Ann
Lee Ann, you would have gotten the address in a PM. We don't post private info in the thread. I'll pm you the info you need again.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:31 PM
Power Poster

LeeAnn, just sent you the info in a PM. Please check your PM inbox and let me know if it's not there.

Iceblossom, so good to hear from you. I'm sorry about your knee. I know a lot of people who love their knee replacements.

Bug, the center you came up with is so nice. It's very different too, and creative. I love non-traditional.

I think I have finally found what I want to add to Givio's center... my round1. (Or is the center considered round 1, and what we add is round 2?) Now I just have to make it work, fitting-wise. Then I will hold it until we are ready to mail again.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Christy...so far there have been 2 groups fill up. In the last few days I think there have been 3-4 others who have been bummed they missed out, you might go through the comments and see if you can get a group of 5-6 together...someone just has to be the "go to" person in the group (organize who sends to who, collect addresses, etc)...check with sewbizgirl to see if you can have the 3rd group in this thread too so we can all see each others centers grow.
Good plan, Carrie! Christy, if you want to form a 3rd group with people who didn't get in to groups 1 or 2, go for it. Make your rules, set your mailing date for your first mailing, and sew. You will be the captain of group 3. If you don't want to, you will need to find another person in your group who does.

You are welcome to post here in this thread, but for the sake of avoiding confusion, put "Group 2" or "Group 3" or "Group 1" in the title box above your message, for all group business. Just regular chit chat and picture show and tell do not need these titles... just the business. What business, you ask? Things like mailing dates, sizes, fabric, any and all rules, and any and all changes to any of the above. The things everybody needs to know.

Group 1 is mailing on the 22nd of this month (tomorrow) and on the 15th of each month hereafter.
Group 2 is mailing on the 1st of the month.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:47 AM

I'm still not all caught up with the thread and goings on, but I wanted to take a moment of honesty and apology to you all.

I should have been in this thread every day. Should have on a couple of different reasons. I've really taken the last couple of weeks hard. I've held up I think pretty well under the Covid lock downs and stuff, but I don't know. It's just been really hard on me, there are shootings and tear gas 6-10 blocks from my grandchild and things seem so awful in one way, and on the other had every thing is just like it was... I am doing fine, my family is doing fine, we just have to all get through this together.

I knew I had this going on and I apparently wrote the wrong week on my calendar and dropped the ball. Well, I did my sewing, and then put it aside and tried to fill my mind with other things. I made other commitments about going to the post office because I knew I had this to do... and I dropped this ball. All I can say is I'm so sorry. I know you are depending on me and I won't drop the ball again.

Yesterday as I was dragging myself around I sort of woke up from my pity party from the last two weeks and now I'm ready for the good party and getting back on track today instead of just going through the motions. I've come here to make amends and already emailed my therapist that maybe I do need a phone call sooner rather than later.

BTW, think I can even drive myself today! Still limping and gimping, but hey, it's my left foot and not my sewing/driving foot.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Ice, thank God you have a therapist! On top of the covid fear, we have lived under weeks of stress watching anarchists tear up our cities and hurt people. It's been very scary and stressful. I had to stop watching it on TV. I'm sorry the violence is so nearby a loved one for you. Let the Quilting Board be your place of refuge. Let sewing be a part of your therapy.

If you are saying you are mailing your center today, there is nothing to apologize for. You're on time! Hope your foot heals fast and you feel better.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:23 AM

Ice, I am like sewbiz, I rarely watch the news as they tend to promote the drama. Radio is in my area seems to be better. They are reporting on the positive steps/actions people are taking. My garden is my therapist, thus the reason for the crazy amount of veggies I planted this year. Remember to breathe and this too shall pass.

I finished up my center. Thank you all for your suggestions; they have helped! I am pleased with the addition of colors and a bit of negative space.

I'll either mail this afternoon or tomorrow. Sound good MacyBaby?
Attached Thumbnails center-2-final.jpg  
Old 06-22-2020, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Lovely finished center, Bug. It really leaves the door open to lots of colors and ideas.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Jaba - yes you may send it. That would help as I have my two teen grands visiting for two weeks in July.
But please post a picture for everyone to see and ooh and aahhh!
I worked all day on mine and got it done. The picture is darker - the second picture shows the correct colors. I am sending along some of the outside fabric to incorporate if you want. Also have to make up a letter to go with it. It has been a long time since I was able to do a RR and this will be a stretch for me which I need!
I should be getting this tomorrow, can't wait to see it in person and start figuring out what to do for the first round.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:17 PM

Bugaroo - that center is fantastic and it's fine if you mail right away. I'm sending my center off (hopefully tomorrow) so I'm ready to get working on the second round.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:27 PM

Wow, double wow! Your center is gorgeous, Bugaroo! I'll say, 'it's the bee's knees!'

LeeAnn, it looks like Sewbizgirl sent you a private message with the mailing info you need. I also sent you a private message with the address a while ago. Today is the day for you to mail your center to me. Please let us know if you received the private messages from us with the mailing address. You can send me a private message when you mail your center so I will know when to watch for it in the mail. If you sent it with a tracking number, then give me the tracking number by using a private message to me. I can post a picture of your center when I get it.

Last edited by givio; 06-22-2020 at 05:36 PM.