2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-28-2020, 03:12 PM

Mona I like the addition of the purple. Good pop color
Old 06-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Express your personality and have some fun, each row of mine can be very different.
Same here... when my quilt makes it to you, there is no need to match what is already there. Also, I made the center kind of like a rainbow wheel, but that does not mean every following row needs to be "rainbow" colors. Just have fun!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:07 PM

Me too, no need to match colors or style on my top. Add black or bown or purple or any color to the mix. Add flowers or geometrics or Kaffe Fassett or civil war or plaid fabrics. Anything goes! Enjoy expressing yourself. :-) I love scrappy.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:43 AM

Just one last thought on the "go ahead" directions for my block. This isn't a double dog dare you, but go ahead and use my rounds to practice something/try something that maybe you always wanted to do but didn't want to commit to for a full quilt -- whatever that may be. Cute, complex, representational, abstract, textural -- is all good!

That's what I did for my center, I had some scraps I wanted to use, and a technique I wanted to use, and the time was now. So if mine comes to you and you want to work in blue or red or beige or whatever it is -- it is going to be great! Contrast as well as coordination is one of our quilter tools, and I think it is one of the most fun things in round robins.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:37 AM

I'm also fine with participants doing what ever they want.

With my first center, I realized I wanted something specific, so I decided to keep that one for myself and make a second that I was happier with "anything goes". I plan on working on my center at the same time as the others, it will give me something to work on in between. I'm down to only needing the last FG border for my red quilt so I'm ready to start working on something else.

Not much sewing going on for a few days, DS is visiting from GA and the extra bed is in the sewing studio. Normally I get up early and sew for an hour before going to work.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:27 AM

I agree with everyone as well. Please have fun with mine. My center was new and an experiment. I've appliqued clothes and crafts but not for a quilt. It was fun and quiet different.

The Weather Channel was talking about how hot our weather will be. But here in the north Georgia mountains, we have been cool for June/July with some days just in the 70's. Its nice.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 AM

That goes for my center also, please have fun and challenge yourself.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 AM

I too look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Never would have thought of cactus or cabbage, but love how it is turning out.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:56 PM

I need some help, not sure what to do in the corners or which layout I should go with. I originally was thinking of added some green also but not sure if it would look weird. I do have more purple. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails tg.jpg   tg2.jpg  
Old 06-29-2020, 02:08 PM

Macybaby, I finally got your center today. Have it laid out and need to look at it for awhile.