Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-29-2020, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Default Big Reminder Here...

As we get ready to mail our quilts on to the next person, I thought it was a good time to post this reminder.
*Please*, everyone, use priority mail with tracking and send the tracking number to the recipient. We have had some scares with the slow P.O. and everyone deserves the peace of mind of knowing where their package is, at any given time. So please, no exceptions, mail with tracking and give the number to your recipient right away. It's also a "heads up" to her that the package is coming and she should watch for it.

Thank you!!!
Old 06-29-2020, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone, the 2nd layout is what I had in my head when I started.
I'll do some more testing.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:34 PM

Mona - I love the layout so far, look forward to seeing what you come up with in the corners!

Mary - I love your use of neutrals with her block and have always been a fan of blocks on point (becuase I have never done it!)

Leeann - super cute center, lots of creative fun-ness to do with that!
Old 06-30-2020, 04:27 AM

Hello all! Reba treated me with a peak of her in-progress round. If I have this right (and I don't have my list in front of me), that center came from Sewbizgirl and wow! what fun!! I have an idea and am going to start pulling fabrics, but wanted to take a minute to discuss fabric selection. If y'all went through this when I was missing, I apologize, please point me back to where I should be reading.

I often put in little jokes or hidden meanings into my quilts, so only George knows that the row that has blocks of Giraffe Elephant Owl Rhino Grouse Egret actually spells his name.

When I used to swap fabrics, I've found I have to be careful and ask first before including something that looks like snakeskin -- but sometimes I've had some unexpected results like "sea horses creep me out". Who knew? Same thing with donation quilts, some people are very anti "bugs" even when I think they are beautiful butterflies. If there is anything you really don't want in your fabrics let me know, otherwise that Radish (or whatever it is) you hate might be displayed prominently.

Especially for the round I'm thinking of, it would be very easy to incorporate some favorite things, if I knew what those were...

So here's a short form of me: Other than quilting I read (ok, technically I listen to audio books but close enough). Music of all types and instruments has been a major part of my life. I bowl with the hubby and enjoy it, but it's more his thing than mine. We currently have 3 knee high dogs, and 1 knee high cat, a snake, a bearded dragon and a gecko. Snakey and I have a deal, she stays in her habitat and I stay in mine. I love the Minions and have a Minion sewing kit, night gown, and other things. Favorite flower is probably freesia, but mostly anything scented. I have more blue in my fabric than any other color by far -- maybe it goes with my blue eyes.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:26 AM

Mary, love how your color selection add boldness... very pretty. I just printed my label with clip art. Never thought of quilting one. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing that.

LeAnn - I glad to see another applique. Love the blue bird!

IceBlossom, you are so creative. In another life, you could have been a spy master with your codes! I'm up for any surprises. Thank you for putting so much thought and work into our pieces!

MacyBaby, I just checked the tracking and you should have my center delivered today between 9:30 and 1:30!

Old 06-30-2020, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

I am excited to hear Reba has my round in progress. I'm sure it's great. Can't wait to see...

Thanks for the info on you, Ice. It's helpful to know, if we want to personalize the quilts. I hadn't even thought about personalizing so I probably won't. I wouldn't know what to say about myself, that I want to appear on my quilt. I'll just let the quilt speak to you!

For mailing, be aware that shipments that previously took 2-3 days are now taking a week or more. Please adjust your shipping time to allow for that, if you can.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:54 AM

Ok, I will work with the previous rounds and will let the fabric do most of the talking Just know that you had your chance to include strange and wonderful personal things instead of my random wonderful fabrics.

In the fine print on my receipt from the last mail out it says "due to Covid priority mail may take 5 days". Which is what I used to get from regular mail. Oh well. Mary, my recipient is rural and that adds a day too. I still need a day or two to process my journal entry to mail this round but will coordinate with her when she is ready to receive.

Pulling and selecting fabric can often take me days because most of it is sorted by color and I'm going to be pulling more from style or theme. Since I can start pulling stuff now, I can wait until the mail out to for my next round. Also sorting out another group of fabrics I hope to work with in a round or two -- I know, there are no guarantees, but as I think ahead I'm loosely thinking of things I would like to do, and will adapt to the project as it arrives.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Good plan!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
Group 1 Round 1

Iceblossom......here is your center. I hope you like it. I also put together your label. I had to do some creative trimming and sewing to get it to lay flat. The first time I put it together....it needed a B cup. Lol...I am a retired bridal seamstress and if something pooched like that did, it usually had a cup in it. Anyway, your center is now ready to move on for the next round.
I really like your round, I have a love hate relationship with putting blocks on point, love the way it looks but I can never get it right.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:01 PM

Default Group 2, round 1

OK, I finished TG first round. It is hard to tell in the photo but the light gray really makes the gray in the center blocks pop.
Attached Thumbnails tg-finished.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mona G; 06-30-2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: adding original center photo