Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 07-02-2020, 09:02 AM

Enjoy your family time, jaba!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-03-2020 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, jaba. Enjoy your family's visit.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-03-2020 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:10 PM

Hi Sewbizgirl, I had wanted a rare Khao Manee cat, a Thai breed, white with the odd eyes (two different colors) but my assertive daughter said "you don't need to buy a kitten, you need to rescue an adult cat!" So I replied, "! ." I searched on petfinder and adoptapet, looked at about 1000 cat pictures within a 250 mile radius, found 5 white cats with odd eyes, and picked up my sweet Lizzy Bennett from a rescue organization about a half hour north of Grand Rapids, not too far from my home. She is a small cat, smart, loving sweetheart, plays with my dog, and has a huge gorgeous bushy white tail (medium length hair). I'm blessed and in love, LOL!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-03-2020 at 03:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-02-2020, 12:23 PM

Default Givio's center

So I've been mulling over the next border for Givo's center, did you include any fabric with your package Givio? Any more of the center travel motif little boats, or the black ball on a stick half moon centers for the applique or the light blue tulip-ish applique fabric? Just curious, it would make my idea a little easier to implement.......hugs all and hope you are enjoying the beautiful day!
Old 07-02-2020, 02:31 PM

Reba, I got the center Noah's Ark fabric from a friend. The fabrics surrounding the center economy block, and the applique fabric were scraps I had, less than a fat quarter. After cutting from them, I cut the scraps up into triangles and 2 1/2" squares. Those bits and pieces I've sent along-- it's unlikely that it would be possible to fussy cut them anymore. There are not many pieces, they would have to be combined with something else to make a scrappy something. I hope someone uses them! I've also sent along a piece of fabric that has sort of a maroon/brownish background with a print that is like my four appliqued pointed ellipses (double crescents, don't know how to call that shape, like a pointed seed). Happy mulling! :-)

Last edited by givio; 07-02-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Reba, If you are ready for Givio's quilt, I can send it a bit early. I finished my part already. Have you finished mine?
Old 07-02-2020, 04:47 PM

Do you remember the appliqued bird on LeeAnn's center block? I had this fabric that has a little bird on it that looks similar in shape to the bird in the center-- I'm using the fabric in my round. Here's a preview!
Attached Thumbnails leeann.jpg  
Old 07-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

So cute, Givio... and the butterflies too! Can't wait to see the whole border.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:01 AM

Sewbizgirl, I ordered a charm pack and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I pm'ed Ice with a photo so she could start her planning. I custom cut a foundation, and have everything laid out on my cutting table. Now I'm in waiting mode. I'll finish next week because I have some applique to do after I piece the foundation. So *almost.* I'll make the 15th deadline but because of the applique, it will probably take a week after I piece on the foundation. Because I'm in waiting mode, I've been looking at Givio's piece and mulling over what I will do, so I'm perfectly ok if you can send it now. I'll start fabric shopping ;-) Hugs!!
Old 07-03-2020, 06:24 AM

And I am ok on waiting until the mail out date, I've actually started on my test blocks plus have a tub of fabric pulled for the next round.

I got the hubby to take a picture of me to include in my insert I'm making for the journal. Plan on finishing that up today and will be mailing my package a little early to Mary, after this weekend.

True story -- my hubby and I met on the internet and we had a long distance relationship for the first year or two. He wanted me to send him a love letter in my own handwriting -- until I did! After that he agreed that it was certainly a lot easier to read typed... My penmanship was never good and has only gotten worse over the years. I can usually figure it out myself, but there are times when without some sort of context clues it is iffy even for me.