Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 08-01-2020, 12:09 PM

MacyBaby - love what you did with your round and those extra special triangles - perfect.
Here is your quilt with round 2 on it. DGD really helped me pull this together. Tried to bring the other colors into the round and used the smaller size squares. Than I could not resist and added the friendship stars all around too.
I always amazes me what colors are available and not available. just like JABAs very light blue, fuchsia was not readily available in a blender. But oh my what fun we had looking!!
BTW - did you have any log with your block. I don't recall seeing one.
I will send it along when Mona gives me the go ahead.
Attached Thumbnails macybaby2.jpeg  
Old 08-01-2020, 12:39 PM

Looks terrific TG, love the friendship stars. I'll mail to you next Monday or Tuesday, it's ready to go. Macy send away....I'm ready for another one.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for those pictures, you busy RR-ers. Love seeing all the pretty growth on these quilts! Everyone is doing such a nice job.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:07 PM

Wow! More round 2s done early! These are great!
Travelinggramma, your little size pieces in lots of shades were a really good idea to be a complement to everything, nicely done!
Old 08-01-2020, 05:12 PM

Travelinggramma, that really looks nice. It's turning out to be a very vibrant quilt so far!

I did not send along a journal, I know that once the quilt is done I'd never look at the journal again anyway, but that is just me lol! I've still got to write something for Carrie before I send it off.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I did not send along a journal, I know that once the quilt is done I'd never look at the journal again anyway, but that is just me lol! I've still got to write something for Carrie before I send it off.
I haven't received a quilt with a journal yet, nor did I send one with mine. Just never even thought of it, but as you say, once the quilt is done the journal may be forgotten. But I'm happy to write in any journals that come my way! There's always a story with every quilt round.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:30 PM

Loving all the pictures, keep it up!
Old 08-02-2020, 07:08 AM

All this wonderful work and everything so different! I'm still looking at books and trying to get ideas and plan ahead and such but it goes out the window each time I see the next rounds -- and I can hardly wait to see what Mary adds to Bonnie's center once she gets it even though it won't come back to me. I'm going to miss having this center around, it is just so awesome to show other people, but I know I felt like that with Rebecca's center and that I'll feel the same when the next one comes so it will be all ok.

Yesterday we picked up the parts machine very easily and nicely and smoothly. They had signs on the road and they had the sold items basically arranged in the pick up time slots, we were a little early but no one was before us so we showed the receipt, picked up the machine and left, under my allotted 5 minutes of time. On the way back we picked up the fresh eggs for this week, plus an extra dozen for one of my Tuesday group ladies.

I've been cleaning up my cutting and sewing areas a bit. Feels good to do it, I like to work in wide open spaces and not just little cleared spots. Not only was cutting fluff piling up, but some how furniture around here starts growing fabric like moss on trees... You can almost see the couch, or at least you can tell it is a couch!

Hubby enjoyed the road trip last week and took another day off and we are going to do a shorter one on Monday. I think my knee is in better shape this week than last (last week didn't hurt but I sure didn't move well), but that changes on an hourly basis. He/we were both quite large when we met on-line many years ago, he now weighs half of his max weight and is in better shape than when he was in high school. So old Todd didn't go on walks and stuff -- new Todd does When we went out/did something it usually involved eating, so instead of eating for an hour now we go for a nice walk.

Still planning on going to the post office either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning, so still time to prepare some things for mailing. Mona, would you like some random greens or do you have some specific desires? Easy enough for me to share pictures too. I need to know sizes you want as well as colors, most of my fabric now is less than 3 yards but over 6.5", I no longer save the little bits and cutting fluff goes to a crumb quilter here on the boards.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:17 AM

Today is a big day for me, plan on getting the LA running, I've not done more than make sure it would turn on , and have not used it since we started packing up back in November. Hard to believe I've not wanted to use it for this long, but I've spend most of my sewing time this spring/summer making masks so I don't have several quilt tops "yelling" at me to get finished.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
All this wonderful work and everything so different! I'm still looking at books and trying to get ideas and plan ahead and such but it goes out the window each time I see the next rounds -- and I can hardly wait to see what Mary adds to Bonnie's center once she gets it even though it won't come back to me. I'm going to miss having this center around, it is just so awesome to show other people, but I know I felt like that with Rebecca's center and that I'll feel the same when the next one comes so it will be all ok.

Yesterday we picked up the parts machine very easily and nicely and smoothly. They had signs on the road and they had the sold items basically arranged in the pick up time slots, we were a little early but no one was before us so we showed the receipt, picked up the machine and left, under my allotted 5 minutes of time. On the way back we picked up the fresh eggs for this week, plus an extra dozen for one of my Tuesday group ladies.

I've been cleaning up my cutting and sewing areas a bit. Feels good to do it, I like to work in wide open spaces and not just little cleared spots. Not only was cutting fluff piling up, but some how furniture around here starts growing fabric like moss on trees... You can almost see the couch, or at least you can tell it is a couch!

Hubby enjoyed the road trip last week and took another day off and we are going to do a shorter one on Monday. I think my knee is in better shape this week than last (last week didn't hurt but I sure didn't move well), but that changes on an hourly basis. He/we were both quite large when we met on-line many years ago, he now weighs half of his max weight and is in better shape than when he was in high school. So old Todd didn't go on walks and stuff -- new Todd does When we went out/did something it usually involved eating, so instead of eating for an hour now we go for a nice walk.

Still planning on going to the post office either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning, so still time to prepare some things for mailing. Mona, would you like some random greens or do you have some specific desires? Easy enough for me to share pictures too. I need to know sizes you want as well as colors, most of my fabric now is less than 3 yards but over 6.5", I no longer save the little bits and cutting fluff goes to a crumb quilter here on the boards.

random is fine it will be like Christmas. PM me your address so I can mail you the yellows, once you get mine you can send me the greens.