2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 08-30-2020, 02:59 PM

Bug, super cute round.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:23 PM

WOW! Great border on TG center!!!!
Old 08-30-2020, 04:28 PM

Bugaroo - I love the round - it really makes it pop. And the white with the darker colors is perfect to make the entire center pop. Thank you

Everytime I see an addition I think - how would anyone follow that! And then it happens.
And then I am still laughing about the squirrel - I went back to my folder where I have been keeping track and double checked - how could we all have missed it! How happy I am that someone mentioned it!
Old 08-30-2020, 04:39 PM

Bugaroo, I like the light background you used. It's a contrast to the center and defines your round nicely. I agree with TG. Your points are lovely. Nice job!
Old 08-30-2020, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

These quilts are coming out amazing! Love the tree and mound for the squirrels! Macybaby, are you going to make the quilt look like it's hanging from the tree? That would make it into a perfect picture. I also didn't catch the backwards tail on the squirrel until it was pointed out....
Love your round on the blue quilt, Bugaroo! It's just beautiful on the quilt.
I've been out of town with the grandbabies all weekend, but now I'm home and will continue finding the right round to add to Mary's quilt. Glad I have time.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:54 PM

Great additions this weekend!!

I was able to get to the LQS on Friday and can't wait to start working on my round for Jaba's quilt this week. My daughter was very excited I went with the fabric she picked as one of my options....it's been years since she's gone fabric shopping with me so it was fun.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:39 AM

Love that round Bugaroo - I've got to not start thinking of what I'll add until I'm done with Mona's. 54.5" unfinished is what we'd be at if everyone added the 6" per side, but it sounds like that's a target and not a hard rule.

Here is a few more pictures. This leaf cluster took almost 2 hours to stitch out, so I'm going to be at this for a while. I've got three designs for leaf clusters, then plan on putting some flowers growing at the bottom.

I had not planned on doing anything to make the quilt look like it's hanging from the tree, but it is an option if Mona would like that. Might be better to wait until it's all done and see if it would look good. I do like how it looks like a quilt within a quilt, and I think with the next borders, it could look like a quilt within a quilt within a quilt. I like that look!

If anyone is curious, my largest hoop is 14"x12". I hoop the stabilizer and then use washable school glue to attach the fabric on the top. So far it's been working pretty well, and it sure does make getting the fabric lined up correctly with the design a lot easier.

Even with a big hoop, when the design is 10x12, there is not much room for movement.
Attached Thumbnails imgp5056.jpg   imgp5059.jpg  

Last edited by Macybaby; 08-31-2020 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:21 AM

Thanks Macybaby for addressing the size. I remember Sewbizgirl mentioning it but with 85 pages of posts, it was hit or miss in finding it. The leaves are just the right color to bring the tree to life. And I agree, it is so looking like a quilt with in a quilt.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:59 AM

Love how the triangles tie into the center Bug! Hugs!!!
Old 08-31-2020, 07:11 AM

Love that movement, Bug!

I've forgotten the measurements on my round and it isn't out for the day yet -- today I will be putting on the border. Spent the last couple days with the hubby he had a half day Saturday and Sunday completely off, today he's back on 12 hour shifts.

I think with my round on it will be somewhere in the 52" square realm and that it currently measures around 40". The pictures I show are on a queen sized bed, so it is still a couple inches short of the width on either side, but not a full round -- or maybe one side of a round would show fully.

I personally like bed sized projects so size isn't so much an issue for me, and I started with an 18" square. I'm still really comfortable with people doing what they feel needs to be done and/or what they want to do on my top. I think for my group it will be too late to turn the projects on point after this round. As I did the math for my original idea, it was about 8" wider (total, or just 4" per side about equivalent to a 10" border) on point than with a finished 6" border, and I felt that could be accommodated easily by later rounds turning it rectangular. Size was always a concern, and after this it starts getting really big with that diagonal measurement. Maybe still could be done but maybe in partnership with the person after you, each doing half.

If it's time to turn mine into a rectangle, that's fine with me, you can do top/bottom or just a wide side or narrow or whatever! I've envisioned me doing a final round with the Basket Blocks from Mary's Stash (not our group Mary but made from the stash of fabrics I used) and that it will end up rectangular at some point/some how because I prefer them to square tops. If you want to tilt my top, or off-set it in some way, feel free and try to have some fun along the way.