Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 09-09-2020, 04:15 AM

Mary, glad to hear the mail seems to be working as I expect it to again! I mailed another package the same day and it arrived as well. Nice thing is you have some time to think and enjoy the project. It really changed for me when I had it in person from what I saw in the pictures.

Hubby is back at work and I hope to get some work done on the Frolic UFO. Today though it is Costco before we are out of cat food. Nobody gets to do what they want if the cat is unhappy...
Old 09-09-2020, 09:40 AM

Wow ladies! I have been a very quiet lurker and just had to make comment on how awesome each of these rounds are progressing. All of your creative ingenuity is inspiring and I find myself looking forward to checking the QB just to see what magic is happening on the RR thread. Thank you for the daily eye-candy Can't wait to see how these all finish!

Christine
Old 09-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Thanks, Christine. Maybe you’ll want to join us on the next one.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:03 PM

I'm finally getting back to working on the RR after making a few quilt tops for church and a couple of more masks for my parents.

Here is a sneak peak at my plan for the corners and a little bit of the flying geese. I need to do some more tweaking on the measurements of the snowball squares so there aren't any gabs between them. I tried to shrink a 12.5 inch block down to 6.5 but I guess some of my calculations were wrong.
This is why I like to make test blocks.
Attached Thumbnails macybaby-sneak-peak.jpg  
Old 09-09-2020, 03:07 PM

SBG, I'm not sure if I commented prior regarding the last round you posted but it is awesome.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:06 PM

Mona , great choice on bringing the black out. Looking forward to it
Old 09-09-2020, 05:14 PM

Mona, beautiful fussy cutting on the cornerstones!

TG, I agree with Bugaroo, the light brown breaks up the rounds nicely. It will give the eye something different to communicate to the brain. :-) Maybe I'm not explaining well what I mean. I thought the same about the round IceBlossom did on my top-- it's a nice change of pace. I think these rounds will work well being round 3, the middle round of the top. I have the feeling they will give a surprisingly pleasing effect when viewed at the end result.

Last edited by givio; 09-09-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:28 PM

Beautiful corners Mona. Sounds like you've been busy.

I agree with givio, every time a new round comes out it is such a surprise and the final quilts we just be wonderful!
Old 09-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the compliment, Mona!

I love what you have going for your round so far. Cant wait to see it once you get all the details worked out. Love the flying geese!
Old 09-10-2020, 06:29 AM

Howdy all! Yesterday when I went to Costco, you could see the smoke from the fires around us. I have some compromised lung issues and am already getting some tightness -- but with my knee it's not like I was running fast anyway. I called my son before I left yesterday to ask him if it was time to get more diapers and he said "well, actually we need a lot of things and was hoping you could take us to Costco". So I get to go to Costco again today -- and I get to see the grand baby who is officially 1 year old today!

There will be a small outdoor family gathering at the other Grandparents home on Saturday (fingers crossed, with more fires and air quality issues that they stay out of the danger area) and along with diapers we will be picking up party supplies. A couple of the hubby's coworkers have been evacuated out of one of the fire areas, but that is in a slightly different direction.