Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 09-11-2020, 04:45 AM

Macybaby!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! Amazing!!! Love the embroidery! Great job!
Old 09-11-2020, 04:47 AM

Macybaby---the tree, leaves and flowers...even the owl all are great on Mona's quilt!!
Old 09-11-2020, 04:50 AM

Oh Macybaby, it is just wonderful. So much detail. It definitely looks like a quilt hanging on a tree. Great job!
Old 09-11-2020, 05:09 AM

Love seeing your addition, Macybaby! I really like how we get the whole world of quilting in such a fun piece. Such differences and creative minds all unified in one project. Who would have guessed in the beginning what would be now?

This is such a treat to see the quilts grow, back in the old days you sent out your project out and hoped for the best six months later... I love seeing our different visions, interests, machines, skill sets, all combine. I think everyone is conscious of what has gone on before and filled with wonder at the ideas of what will happen afterwards.

I enjoy group projects but this is my first round robin. I admit that I felt a lot of stress and tension and anxiety the first couple of months, that is unusual for me. Worked through that and am feeling pretty joyful -- well, other than worrying about whether I'm about to ruin someone's project or whether I already have. That's still going to happen. I'm still putting my workmanship out there to be seen, trust me -- it's much better hidden on the back side. That's going to happen. But I'm trying to do my best for the top as I see it.

With my top, I wanted something that didn't look like what i usually do -- and I'm getting that in so many ways. I had very few ideas of what to do with my block and no concept of the finished project. All I can say is that I love what's been done so far and am looking forward to the next few rounds. I appreciate the time and effort and fabric each of you/us in the group have put in. This project happened as a good thing in a bad time and I'm grateful for all of you.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

That tree was a great idea, macybaby!

I was looking at Bonnie Hunter's Unity quilt, and it looks basically like a RR quilt. The rounds are all great. I can see any of them on our RR quilts.... Lots of good ideas.

Old 09-11-2020, 11:24 AM

Oh Macy Macy Macy - I am thankful I do not have to follow that - but I know I will be adding the last row - oh my! Every thought I ever had with her center went right out the window. It amazes me to see how you saw the squirrels climbing a tree! - will I ever look at it and check the tail?? Simply inspiring.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:44 AM

I've got Mona's top sent of to Jaba, and I should be receiving travelinggramma's top today. I'm pretty excited about working on this one, not sure what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of doing something that repeats to look of the second round. I did a "Snake River" quilt a while back and really like the long strip with the square that gives the illusion of a curved line.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:09 AM

Default LeeAnn's top in the mail

Hi everyone! LeeAnn's center is in the mail! Here it is. Just a bit of insider background, I am 1/2 Dutch, so I was soooo happy to get tulips in this round, we go to the tulip festival every year in Holland Michigan and I have a pair of wooden clogs ;-) My mom's family is from a town called Elspeet (outside of Nunspeet), Gelderland, Netherlands, so I love the movie, A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger (I know where Gelderland is!!!!) LOL. I used a brush away foundation and a singer spartan zig zag machine that worked like a charm for the delicate applique. The peacock is feeding his baby in the center block, and he is feeding it a murder hornet, an homage to our other group with the bee quilt top, I thought it was a good joke and would help date the quilt. As for the daffodils, in the spring we Dutch kind of go a little bonkers over bulb flowers. I have several varieties of daffodils that smell like heaven itself, and bring bunches in the house to make the house smell great, so I used the daffodils around the tulips. You've been kissed by a Dutch girl, LeeAnn! Hugs all and have a wonderful weekend!
Attached Thumbnails img_2035.jpg   img_2037.jpg   img_2038.jpg   img_2039.jpg  
Old 09-12-2020, 08:23 AM

Default Amazing work and love these ideas!

Macybaby, love the tree treatment, it looks fantastic! And Sewbiz, love your use of color in your border, very thoughtful and ties in together so well! Hugs!!
Old 09-12-2020, 08:26 AM

What a nice story to share, Rebecca! Lee Ann will remember it as she looks at her quilt. :-) Every night and every morning I look at my 9patch quilt that was quilted by a QB member that is a dear friend, and where I received the 9patches through a swap on the Board. Each block is only 2 prints put together, but I like to look at the combination and remember that someone did that for me. Your outside border in various colors is a nice touch!

Last edited by givio; 09-12-2020 at 08:39 AM.