Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 07-10-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn View Post
Thanks Givio, the thread is awesome. I mailed my round to you today. The tracking # is 9505 5137 1232 0192 4532 83. Please post my pic as I still don't know how. Thank you so much.

LeeAnn sent me a picture of the border she added to my center. It is amazing!!!! I love it. Thank you so much, LeeAnn!!!
Old 07-10-2020, 03:52 PM

Bugaroo--my bubble envelopes still haven't shown up even though I did get notice they shipped. I ended up putting the center back in the bubble mailer it arrived in and then got another priority envelope at the post office to put that inside. It was actually a little cheaper than the flat rate...it was one of those that is kind of like plastic on the inside/paper on the outside (not sure how to explain it).
Old 07-10-2020, 04:01 PM

Probably you mean it was Tyvek.

Okay, LeeAnn, I'll watch for the package.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:55 PM

You are welcome, Mary. It was fun. I'm anxious to see what will be added to it. I'm happy you are pleased. What makes Round Robins so fun is the amazing work and ideas of other people....things you would never think of. You actually end up with a piece of art. I love it.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

Round Robin quilts are definitely art! I love that too.

I use the padded flat rate mailer. It is lightweight and protects the contents with a bubble lining. I keep a stock on hand. When I get low, I order 20 or so more. I sell off stash fabric online every so often, and use them for that. I don't know if they are big enough to hold our quilts and all the fabric, journals and stuff traveling with them. If not, maybe the Tyvek envelope, tho it will be weighed.

Lee Ann and Mary... can either one of you post Lee Ann's picture? I'm sure we are all dying to see her round!

Love the creativity I'm seeing!
Old 07-11-2020, 05:40 AM

My package from Reba arrived yesterday! It was a busy flurry of activity, just before we were leaving for Costco so I have saved opening it until after I write this post.

I'm so excited, pretty much set for what I'm going to do, but I waited to do it until I had the top in hand. Hubby will be working (6) 12 hour days next week (a person on vacation). He was home for 4 days in a row over the 4th, it was nice to see him and do things together, but I'm more used to him working the overtime.

Not sewing related but in terms of doggie joy, the bag of dry cat food on top of the refrigerator fell over today, for the first time ever, but the dogs always knew it would happen. Food fell from the sky!
Old 07-11-2020, 09:22 AM

I'll post a picture of LeeAnn's round when I get it. :-)
Old 07-11-2020, 10:47 AM

I finished MacyBaby's center and am ready to send it on to Travelinggrandma. The center had lots of movement with all the small pieces so I with this for my round to "stop" it a bit and to bring out the black and yellow in the center. I think it leaves lots of color options for the next round. Hope it will work for you Macy...
Attached Thumbnails dscf4126.jpg  
Old 07-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Ooo la la! I just love how each of these is so different -- and even my center will come home with some personality
Old 07-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Carriem, I received your package. Looks so warm and fallish!

Jaba, Wow, now that's a great way to make the colors pop. Again... I never would have thought of that... looks great and this is what makes round robin so fun!