Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 08-02-2021, 06:38 PM

I put my envelope in the mail today. Yeah!
Old 08-03-2021, 02:13 PM

Default Lost

Well you guys, my daughter is gone. She moved clear across the country. Is that what you call it? I’m in Southern California, she at the top of Washington. I guess across the country is east to west, surely it works for north and south. OK so see!! this is the way my head is right now.

We have been business partners, travel companions, the very best of friends for decades. I can’t Eat, Lost 5 pounds since Sunday good grief, just two days. I can’t sleep, I wander through the house like a ghost. At night I think I hear her ankles cracking as she creeks across the floor to go to the bathroom. Or I’ll wake up and see a light and I think it’s her when in fact it’s car lights bouncing. I need to sleep, probably could use some protein I just can’t, hurts too much to eat. I miss her so much.

The new mother-in-law told me that her son had told her that they needed to keep her super busy so she didn’t have time to mourn. How do you’s functional like that! If she doesn’t grieve the loss of her family she’ll bottle it up and explode one day. Or worse, yet one of us will die, the other would lose it. Completely jealous of her new mother-in-law can you tell? ☹️ She has four or five children at home and now she has my beautiful girl and last my baby.

Ok, so you’re caught up to date. Now I have to give you today’s synopsis. So that you don’t think I’ve completely gone around the bend. And by the way I have a therapist and a psychiatrist don’t worry about that. I’m still walking from room to room, like a ghost, I can’t work, business has fallen off and they are kind and will understand. so it’s not a big deal but I have begun wanting to do stuff on the house. At least the desire is there. Sometimes I can’t move because I found some thing that she left behind or whatever and it just drops me but for the most part I’m trying. I have a sewing room again, amazing!
Floor to ceiling closets completely shelved, 12 foot long. I have to organize all my fabrics and box them all up so that they stay nice currently working on my 2.5 mini charms sorting them light to dark they are currently in a little boxes that look great but I needed lights and darks.

A question for you in amongst all this rambling of my pained heart. I need to buy a sewing table. I’ve been looking at all the ones out there in the market and some of them say that the drop-down tables shake and others are like $2000. What do you guys use? I have a Janome memory craft 9420 or 9450 I don’t know. It’s a big machine. What I desire in a table is something that is low enough off the ground so that I am ergonomically set, not hunched over it. I would also like something that can be backed up to a table, a large table to actually hold a quilt up so I can actually do some quilting on this thing. Spent all this money and I can’t even quilt on it.
It’s a big machine. What I desire in a table with the drop down, or tuck into cabinet.

this is really Long hang in there the other room that I have is now the fiber room. I am an independent dyee so I have all this yarn and fiber for spinning I’ve got wheels, skein whinders, machines, rmy quilting frame is in there and my looms. This was her room. It’s a medium blue so I am buying paints today. A primer paint TSP and a mop. Minute 10 to the walls I’m going to spackle and then paint the top half sky blue and the bottom half is going to have rolling green hills with sheep on them. I might replace the carpet with something that looks like cobblestones, without the trip factor. She freed up a lot of money because I’ve been saving all my life for her to have a down payment on a mortgage when she got married. It was to build a house on my land. Now that she’s gone, it’s crazy renting a super expensive apartment up there.

wow, passing out hope no typos. Will check back
Old 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM

Birthday package and contest prize left the post office today. I finished a graduation quilt for a family member last night. It is another thread on the QG in the main area.

I went to spray baste the next quilt in line, a baby quilt. and, rats, could not find my basting spray. This is what happens when I clean up my sewing room. It will show up eventually. So for my zoom quilt meeting this afternoon rather than quilting. To fill the time I cut more squares for the Jacob's Ladder and made more four patches.

WendyMcD, we all deal with life changes differently. It sounds like you are coming up for air and have lots of helping hands ready to walk with you. You also have a plan and your yarn/spinning/ weaving room sounds like fun. Of course there would be sheep on the hills.... sheep... wool. Got it! Relish all of the good adventures you and your daughter had and make some new memories during the rest of the year.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Wendy, I'm so sorry for the hurt in your heart. I can relate, as my daughter and best friend left us to go live in England at age 18. She ended up staying for 8 years but now she's come back with a great English husband, and they have my darling granddaughter. We are back to being best friends!
Old 08-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

My card for Travelingrandma goes out in tomorrow (Wednesday's) mail!
Old 08-04-2021, 05:55 AM

Gramma, candies are on their way!
Old 08-04-2021, 08:47 AM

Candies are flying out to Travelingrandma this morning.

Wendy, I'm sorry about the emptiness in your home and heart. I have four daughters and I'm dreading when those days come. I only hope that at least one chooses to live close by.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:20 PM

I went to a quilting yard sale this morning. There was so much beautiful fabric, it was hard not to buy it all! This is what I bought, plus some rulers. I think I scored! Not that my stash needs any help growing of course!
Attached Thumbnails img_20210805_175442805.jpg  
Old 08-05-2021, 04:12 PM

Wow! I wish one of the girls around here would have a quilting garage sale. I would get myself in trouble. Your fabric looks wonderful!
Old 08-05-2021, 04:47 PM

Great catches NZ! Wendy -- I am sorry you're heartbroken that she's gone but I see you're making lemonade by transforming the house into your sewing and fiber world! You're only a phone call away from your daughter. Don't be surprised if she eventually ends up getting a house that has a mother-in-law apt attached to it just for you. Hang in there! New fun will be happening sooner than you expect.