Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 08-09-2021, 09:27 AM

SBQ, That looks great. I am still on a few blocks of 2x2 candies.... I am hoping get more time to sew once the little one is at school and then I am worry about her going to school.

Old 08-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

ahwu, I hope your daughter enjoys her school and has a class with wonderful teachers and great kids! My little granddaughter goes back to "school" (preschool) tomorrow and will jump up to the 3YO class. They are the bumblebees. She used to be a ladybug, LOL!
Old 08-09-2021, 03:53 PM

Beautiful jacob's ladder, SBG! I have been using my candies as leaders and enders while I wrap up my BOOM blocks. Each colored candy is being paired with a neutral candy. Maybe I'll have enough to do something interesting. BOOM is almost over. I can play with candies then. :-)
Old 08-10-2021, 04:18 AM

Just had this simple and "scrap eating" quilt-a-long popped up in my mailbox. Since one version is using 2.5 squares, I thought I should share it with the group.The two gals running the quilt-a-long will be making the same quilt but will be using two different sizes of blocks. The Wedding Dress Blue pattern is using the 2.5's. I don't need another quit start, but I can't resist the call of a quilt-a-long that keeps me on task and moving ahead at devouring my scraps and 2.5s. I have a bag full of Red, White and Blue scraps that were donated to me pre-COVID. Toss in my RWB 2.5s and add some scraps of unbleached muslin and other odd scraps of cream and I am ready to go. Any one want to join in? Check out the announcement and a photo of the finish in either of the links below. You have time to make a decision, the first cutting direction will not arrive until August 24.

https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/

https://katyquilts.net/

Old 08-10-2021, 06:25 AM

Ahwu, I'm sure your little girl will love school.

SBG, so cute that your granddaughter is graduating to the bumblebees, lol!

I homeschool and my oldest will be starting 1st grade and my second oldest will be starting pre-kindergarten. I'm a bit nervous with the thought of juggling two grades at the same time. I just need to find a pattern that works for us and that will come after a couple of weeks.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:11 AM

My candies went out in todays mail for Janet.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Nice scrap quilt, WMUTeach. Since I am looking at closing on a house in about 2 months, and moving things into it, I will pass on any more quilt alongs for a while. They are fun, tho.

NZ, I remember the dilemma of homeschooling three kids of different ages. Mine were close in age tho, and concentrating on the older two, it was amazing to see how much the youngest picked up by osmosis, LOL. Curricula repeats subject matter every three years (at different depths of study) so if your kids are about 3 years apart, you can study the same subjects but have them do differing levels of difficulty in their assignments. Just a thought.... Good luck!
Old 08-10-2021, 08:06 AM

WMU thank you for the links. I am insanely loaded with BOOM blocks that need to be turned into finished products before I start playing with the candies. So many possibilities!
Old 08-10-2021, 04:21 PM

August Candies are in the mail....
NZquilter. my little one is starting 1st grade. She is looking forward to meeting new friends.
WMUTeach, I am going to pass on this one. I did not get very far with the Jacob's Ladder.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:35 PM

Ahwu, I just started this afternoon sewing together my squares for the Jacob's ladder. I couldn't wait any longer to see how the blocks would play together. A few more days and a few more blocks and I will post a picture of my progress.

I don't need another quilt along either but like I posted before, I am driven to keep moving toward clearing away more sash. This is one that I can quilt myself and would only need to purchase backing. My Labor Day Weekend will be a quilty one, I am sure! You can always do the Jacob's Ladder at another time. It is good mundane snowy afternoon work a few months from now.