Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 08-24-2021, 02:03 PM

Thank you all for your kind words of compassion and prayers. It means a lot to me.

I've been trying to make time to sew this past week as the rhythm of the machine makes me feel so much better. I still need to bind it, but here is the candy heart quilt for my sister-in-law's baby. I love this pattern. It uses so many candies! I haven't quilted swirls before, so that was fun experimenting.
Attached Thumbnails img_20210817_094141237_kindlephoto-196581488.jpg  
Old 08-24-2021, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
Hi fellow candy lovers! I hope it's ok to ask this question. What has happened to all the smaller candy swaps? There used to be several throughout the year in addition to the birthday swap. I have been checking for a couple of years, but haven't seen any. Is anyone up for organizing one? I'm really bad at mailing things on time, so I don't want to join the birthday swap. I do better with the one-time thing where I either mail my 20 bags with 50 squares on time or I'm out.
This is my first candy swap. I know nothing about smaller ones but they sound fun!
Old 08-24-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
Hi fellow candy lovers! I hope it's ok to ask this question. What has happened to all the smaller candy swaps? There used to be several throughout the year in addition to the birthday swap. I have been checking for a couple of years, but haven't seen any. Is anyone up for organizing one? I'm really bad at mailing things on time, so I don't want to join the birthday swap. I do better with the one-time thing where I either mail my 20 bags with 50 squares on time or I'm out.

Mrshalibut, How nice to see your name pop up. It has been a while. I have not seen any of those one time swaps either. I used to do fat quarters and an occasional charms squares swap. Never did a one time swap with the 2.5 charms. I only participated in swaps but never ran one until now. I am not up for running another swap right now but others in this group might be. Or someone might be willing to "hold your hand" so you could run one! Honestly, most of the work is done ahead of time. You could always look back and find one from the past and ask the organizer if they would do it again or...help you run a swap.

Patrick's Mom, my package arrived too. I don't know it came yesterday or today, because I was out of town, Early, none-the-less. Thank you!. I just love to celebrate my birthday day with my little envelopes, so I will be waiting along with the the others.

NZ, the baby quilt pattern is perfect for a special little one. I like the assortment of colors that are brilliant and fun. Can you share the pattern source with us, please, please. pretty please. . It looks familiar and I likely have it buried away someplace. a good way to use our sweet treats. Did a quick google and there are multiple options. Thank you.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

Adorable baby quilt, NZ. Your swirls look great, too! Will be watching for the pattern.

I remember the old 2.5" square swaps. They were fun because you got a load all at once, not just once a year. Both kind of swaps are fun. I think SheriR was the last one to host those swaps. I'd volunteer to do it if I wasn't about to be moving in the near future.

Mrshalibut, good to hear from you. Aren't you Sheri's daughter?
Old 08-24-2021, 05:50 PM

NZ, the baby quilt is so cute . It is a lot of fun to make those hearts.

SheriR used to run the 2.5 candy swaps. It was quick way to get whole lots of candies and short commitment.

September birthday candies are in the mail..
Old 08-24-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
... Can you share the pattern source with us, please, please. pretty please. . It looks familiar and I likely have it buried away someplace. a good way to use our sweet treats. Did a quick google and there are multiple options. Thank you.
JennR8R made a tutorial for her pattern. Valentine Candy Block . It's such a fun pattern! Jenn, if you are lurking here, thanks for your pattern! I think I might make another one to keep.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:10 PM

I joined in two of the 2.5" square swaps back in 2016-17 when DJmat hosted them. That was right when I joined the QB and they got my feet wet for swapping with other quilters. I learned pretty quick what fabrics were acceptable and what wasn't!
Old 08-24-2021, 06:11 PM

Arrived back to AZ. Checked the mailbox and went through a pile of mail.
My birthday is Saturday. Notice didn't go out until the first.
Drum roll please
All birthday candy cards have been recieved. So proud! I will wait since I don't have one clean space yet.!!
Thank you one and all

Oh and my September cards were sent today
Old 08-25-2021, 10:33 AM

My September birthday envelopes went in the mail this morning.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:51 PM

Another month with all on time! We are quite a team this year!!

Hot and steamy here in the mitten, and I did not sew a stitch. I think today I was afflicted with what the southern ladies of years past called "malaise". Just wanted to lay about like a rock. Maybe tomorrow I will spend time with my machine. Tee-Hee Hee! Stay cool all.