Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 10-28-2022, 08:21 PM
  #1001  
Senior Member
 
LogCabin82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 435
Default

I have been having fun tonight using the Christmas Candies to make 1/2” hexies! I can get four hexies from a square.

LogCabin82 is offline  
Old 10-29-2022, 12:56 PM
  #1002  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 1,686
Default

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
I have been having fun tonight using the Christmas Candies to make 1/2” hexies! I can get four hexies from a square.

though I love making hexies, I've only made them that small once for the splendid sampler quilt and vowed if I ever did them that small again it would be for someone special. Do you hand cut your hexies or do you by the forms. Very impressive!
Gannyrosie is offline  
Old 10-29-2022, 08:06 PM
  #1003  
Power Poster
 
sewbizgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 24,683
Default

1/2" hexies, did she say? Holy Cow! LC, your eyesight is enviable! Your hexies are beautiful.
sewbizgirl is offline  
Old 10-29-2022, 08:38 PM
  #1004  
Senior Member
 
LogCabin82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 435
Default

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
1/2" hexies, did she say? Holy Cow! LC, your eyesight is enviable! Your hexies are beautiful.
Thank you! I’ve been enjoying these candies and love that I can get four out of a square!

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
though I love making hexies, I've only made them that small once for the splendid sampler quilt and vowed if I ever did them that small again it would be for someone special. Do you hand cut your hexies or do you by the forms. Very impressive!
Thank you! No hand cutting the tiny ones. I do have a die cutter for one inch but haven’t tried it yet! What about you? Do you hand cut the papers?
LogCabin82 is offline  
Old 10-30-2022, 06:30 AM
  #1005  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,787
Default

Teeny tiny hexies, Logcabin! Good job.

WMUteach -- your mailbox is full.

What do you all do when your box is full? Can you archive and keep them safe or do you delete?
ibex94 is offline  
Old 10-30-2022, 08:51 AM
  #1006  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
WMUTeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portage, Michigan
Posts: 6,184
Default

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Teeny tiny hexies, Logcabin! Good job.

WMUteach -- your mailbox is full.

What do you all do when your box is full? Can you archive and keep them safe or do you delete?

Good question. I am trying to figure this out because I have way more than the allowed messages every year. Searching the site for help.

.
WMUTeach is offline  
Old 10-30-2022, 09:13 AM
  #1007  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
WMUTeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portage, Michigan
Posts: 6,184
Default

Mail box now has room again.
WMUTeach is offline  
Old 10-30-2022, 10:01 AM
  #1008  
Power Poster
 
sewbizgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 24,683
Default

I just delete. If you find a way to archive the old messages please let us know!
sewbizgirl is offline  
Old 10-30-2022, 10:12 AM
  #1009  
Power Poster
 
sewbizgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 24,683
Default

I got a beautiful set of Christmas charms from HappyLab, completing my swap. Thank you HappyLab!
sewbizgirl is offline  
Old 10-31-2022, 11:04 AM
  #1010  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 1,686
Default

Log cabin, I cut mine with a hand die and use manilla folders. Wow 1/2 inch. I believe that's what I used in the sampler.

had the 2 little grands for 3 day weekend. Lord I'm getting old, they wore this granny out.

and yes I got my last Xmas candies Friday.
Gannyrosie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter