Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 10-26-2022, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Great table cloth, Gannyrosie!! That is a lot of whipstiching! I bet it was nice and peaceful making it, too. Does it feel perfect with just the flannel backing? It sure looks perfect! I can't see how you tacked it down, or did you even need to?
yes it feels perfect with just the flannel. It's actually heavy for a table cloth even without the backing. I machine quilted down every other row to hold it together. Then after the back binding hexies were on I machine stitched around the ends following the design.
so really no heavy stitching.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:54 AM

Gannyrosie -- great insight on how to do it if I am going to tackle one. I think a tablecloth made from these candies is right up my alley!

I came across this fun little candy project, too, with a neat way to quilt in a triangle on the back to make it easier to hang off the wall. https://frommycarolinahome.com/2022/...-wall-hanging/ She frequently uses candies in her quilting.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:33 PM

Yes, ibex94, I enjoy the postings from "My Carolina Home" too. I have saved the directions for her Autumn Jubilee Quilt this year that uses 2.5s also. When her final posting is up one of us can post the link to everyone.

I particularly enjoy her twice weekly posts because they are warm, homey and not just limited to needle work. I think of her as a good friend down the road who is amazingly gifted who invites you in for a cup of tea and to to share her day with you. Everything from feeding her squirrels peanut butter sandwiches to her MINI Car Club to table settings and recipes, to wool work, quilts, garments and painting little rocks. She shares lots, and I do mean lots, of photos of her little part of the world and it is lovely.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:56 PM

And she responds so sweetly to posts. I tried feeding my squirrels peanut butter sandwiches... MS squirrels are not interested. Now that I am in Texas, I will try the ones here. I like her cards, too. Quite a versatile crafter! Renaissance woman, f'sure. I have read some of the books she recommended and loved them, too. She should be part of our group!
Old 10-26-2022, 03:12 PM

IBEX94, wow from the response from wmuteach sounds like someone I would like to read about and perouse her site. I don't use Instagram, Twitter, just fb and then that gets out the box with adds and stuff. Some people seem to think I want to know all their personal opinions, thoughts and daily bull. So to read a good blog/site would be inviting. I've bookmarked it for future references.

recvd another Xmas pkg and pm the sender.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:20 PM

Gannyrosie, she shows plants in bloom at her home, too. I think you should definitely take a look. Free quilt patterns sometimes. She does a lot of charity work, too, and invites folks to help if they want to. That's how I got introduced to her website.

I'm up to six xmas packages arrived and I have pm'd all senders. So excited to see these treasures, too. Gotta love candies.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:51 PM

Happy lab, birthday candies were mailed last week and should make an appearance in your mailbox very soon. Happy birthday!
Old 10-27-2022, 03:04 AM

My November Bday candies are ready to put in the mail today.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:34 AM

screenshot-2022-10-26-8.37.13-pm.pngscreenshot-2022-10-26-8.10.01-pm.pngscreenshot-2022-10-26-8.05.02-pm.pngscreenshot-2022-10-26-8.01.58-pm.png so I've been looking at Pinterest for ideas to use my Xmas candies. The first two are actually embroidery patterns, but it's in a grid, how nice to use. The snowflake I know is a pattern, but hey the pic is easy to sketch out. Was thinking solid flake and scrappy background. On the nome I was thinking to cut the candies in quarters and make him scrappy
Attached Thumbnails screenshot-2022-10-26-8.20.22-pm.png  
Old 10-27-2022, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
IBEX94, wow from the response from wmuteach sounds like someone I would like to read about and perouse her site. I don't use Instagram, Twitter, just fb and then that gets out the box with adds and stuff. Some people seem to think I want to know all their personal opinions, thoughts and daily bull. So to read a good blog/site would be inviting. I've bookmarked it for future references.

recvd another Xmas pkg and pm the sender.
I don't do Instigram, Twitter etc. either. Go to her site https://frommycarolinahome.com/ and scroll down just a little on the right hand side to "My Blog Via EMail and add your e-mail address. You will get a posting from her on Tuesday and Sunday. Pure pleasure and go many good ideas. I forgot to mention her book recommendations in an earlier post. They are always interesting and fit the genres I enjoy.