Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 10-25-2022, 06:16 AM

Gannyrosie, what a work of art! The tablecloth is amazing!

WMUTeach, such a cute doll quilt!

I've never thought much about the fussy cutting part, except one time. There was one fabric I shared a couple of years ago and it was of little girls (Aunt Gracie's 1940's fabric line.) The way the fabric was positioned, I could either get her top half, with her pretty face, or bottom half, ie legs, since she was in a short 1940' style dress. I tried to share her top half and face as much as possible. That left me with a lot of scraps with legs! I tossed those! In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have even bothered to use that fabric for 2.5" candies.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the Fall weather as it slowly moves in! I've been taking life VERY slow and keeping my outside commitments down to a minimum, with maximum warning time. 😊 My two daughters seem to be enjoying being in school and I'm glad we made the decision to enroll them. It's taken some adjusting to for sure.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be joining in next years birthday swap. I still have 1000s of candies from three years in a row of swapping and I intend to sew them up as I can, sharing the finished quilts with you all. I really didn't buy any new fabric to share either. It's been a year of serious budgeting! Hopefully I'll be able to join in again in 2024!
Old 10-25-2022, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

The tablecloth is gorgeous, Gannyrosie. I'm sure your daughter will love it!
Old 10-25-2022, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

NZQuilter, your little nest is growing fast and I wouldn't take on any extra obligations, either. Just rest and get ready for your little girl and boy to be born! Please drop in and chat in all the threads you have been active in, and keep us up to date on what you and your sweet family are doing.

My daughter is having a C section mid January, too. She's having a boy too! This pregnancy is really taking a toll on her back, or maybe caring for her 3YO while pregnant is taking the toll on her back. While there recently, grandpa and I kept little Ivy for several days, and Audrey's back pain improved!

Best wishes to you in your double pregnancy!
Old 10-25-2022, 09:24 AM

Sewbizgirl - glad you liked them!
Old 10-25-2022, 09:27 AM

Such beautiful projects! It’s great to see what everyone is working on as I don’t really have any in-person quilting buddies. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-25-2022, 10:00 AM

My card is addressed and ready to go out!

Ladies, enjoy your Christmas Candies - last year I participated in that swap and made this quilt for my wall.

Attached Thumbnails christmas-candies.jpg  
Old 10-25-2022, 11:34 AM

Great table cloth, Gannyrosie!! That is a lot of whipstiching! I bet it was nice and peaceful making it, too. Does it feel perfect with just the flannel backing? It sure looks perfect! I can't see how you tacked it down, or did you even need to?
Old 10-25-2022, 12:43 PM

Received an envelope from kele today, that makes 7. Such pretty fabric. Thank you so much kele! Yeah!

I don't think I'm going to participate next year either. I haven't made anything with my charms yet either and I have such a long list of ufo's and wip's that I don't know when I'll get to them. I've had a really good time though. I'll be lurking and watching what you gals are doing. I have to focus on my family right now, my son is having a hard time in school with everything...
Old 10-25-2022, 04:33 PM

IrishMom, did your wall hanging come from a pattern or did you create it on your own?

Ganny, I am impressed with your hexie table topper/cloth. I have never tried them but they keep calling my name. A good project to carry along on journeys or meetings.

Thank you so much for letting me know if you are not going to be with us as a swapper next year. I understand the shifts and changes in the journey of life and some times more 2.5's in your collection is not on the list of priorities. I am in the time of life when I can just sit down and sew pretty much as I wish. But I recall having to put away my sewing for a few years when I became a full-time teacher with three mid-sized children at home of my own. There just wasn't time or enough hours in the day to sew and to be an attentive mom. I had to make choices. Then in a blink they were all gone and I shifted from garments to quilts in my quiet weekends and evenings without concerts and games and friends and home work. Ah, the good old days.

Those of you who don't feel joining in in 2023 will work for you, please, please lurk and comment and share your accomplishments even if you aren't a swapper. QB friends are all dear. Some of you have been collecting and swapping for years now and we will enjoy catching up from time to time. I would not even object to our lurkers participating in a side swap. Something to think about.

Enjoy your autumn. It has been just brilliant here in the "mitten state". One of the best fall seasons in many years. Rain and cold will soon descend along with those little white things that pile up and make drifts and charming snowmen. Enjoy your seasonal joys everyone!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 10-25-2022 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Attachment 641062Finished my daughter's table cloth. Decided to refurbish a flannel sheets as the backing. Thanks for the help. My use of candies as I watch tv.
love your hexies! I am working on a hexie quilt