Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 03-06-2022, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
For some reason I don't get an email when there is an update to this thread. Next thing I know a week has gone by, and I find that there have been posts that I didn't know about.

I just finished a quilt that used some candies. I posted about it here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/showth...02#post8541302
I know that this is so obvious, but did you subscribe to the thread and click on Daily notification?

And the quilt with the puppies is a charmer!. The paw quilting and the little star for the repair are just too cute.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-06-2022 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
For some reason I don't get an email when there is an update to this thread. Next thing I know a week has gone by, and I find that there have been posts that I didn't know about.

I just finished a quilt that used some candies. I posted about it here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/showth...02#post8541302
Hey JENNR8R -

Just thought I’d pipe in and show you how I read the board. You can see what subscribed threads have new posts in them by pressing the “User CP” button at the top left of the screen. You are automatically subscribed to threads when you post in them, and you can also subscribe to threads without posting in the Thread Tools. I start my QB viewing by going to User CP and seeing what has changed in my subscribed threads. It avoids clogging my email up with notifications.

At the bottom of the screen is the “Archive” button. When you press that, you get a list of all the sub-boards. Press any one of them, and you get a chronological list of all threads in that section. Threads you haven’t clicked will be one color, and threads you have clicked are another color. This way you see all new threads and don’t have to click in them to see if you’ve already seen them. I go to the Archives after I’ve looked at my subscribed threads and mostly look at Main and Pictures, though I also look at PDA, Vintage Machines, General, and Mission Organization.

I hope this helps you find all the threads you’re looking for.

Darren
Old 03-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

Wow, that was an education, Darren! Thank you very much.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:01 AM

Lurkers are wonderful resources. Thank you, Wessing.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:36 AM

March birthday pkg going out today.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I know that this is so obvious, but did you subscribe to the thread and click on Daily notification?

I checked, and I'm subscribed with instant notification, but get maybe one out of ten.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
Hey JENNR8R -

Just thought I’d pipe in and show you how I read the board. You can see what subscribed threads have new posts in them by pressing the “User CP” button at the top left of the screen. You are automatically subscribed to threads when you post in them, and you can also subscribe to threads without posting in the Thread Tools. I start my QB viewing by going to User CP and seeing what has changed in my subscribed threads. It avoids clogging my email up with notifications.

At the bottom of the screen is the “Archive” button. When you press that, you get a list of all the sub-boards. Press any one of them, and you get a chronological list of all threads in that section. Threads you haven’t clicked will be one color, and threads you have clicked are another color. This way you see all new threads and don’t have to click in them to see if you’ve already seen them. I go to the Archives after I’ve looked at my subscribed threads and mostly look at Main and Pictures, though I also look at PDA, Vintage Machines, General, and Mission Organization.

I hope this helps you find all the threads you’re looking for.

Darren
Thanks Darren... I'll have to study what you wrote a little later. In an hour I have an appointment to have my dog euthanized, and I'm a mess with no mental retention for anything else.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:24 AM

Darren, wow, thanks for the tips. My word, I had never even noticed the little User CP button!

Jenn, hugs for you and your pet! I'm sorry!
Old 03-07-2022, 02:25 PM

The envelopes seem to arrive in twos. Two more today, from Ahw and Logcabin. Thank you!

2-26 Jenn8r8, Patrick's Mom
2-28 loveofquilts
3-1 Crispy-Frog
3-4 Ibex94, Macybaby, Sewbizgirl
3-5 WMUTeach, Gaijin
3-7 Ahw, Logcabin82
Old 03-07-2022, 04:09 PM

JENNR8R, I am so sorry. I completely understand the pain and the mourning when we must lose a buddy, a companion and a friend, I had to do the same with my dear little four footed quilting buddy about 6 weeks ago. It still hurts and I am often quite sure I hear her purr or meow or the whiffing of her breathing on a pile of my quilt blocks. We could weep together. I will be thinking of you tonight and pray for peace for you.