Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 08-17-2022, 05:10 AM

Macybaby... I really like your glass tiles. Were they hard to cut?

I have new tile going up in my house too. The hall bath in my 1952 house was demoed in September 2021! There was a four-month period that the contractor wasn't working on it when I ended up in the hospital in January. That means it has actively been worked on for seven months! This renovation involved tearing down walls and rerouting plumbing. Nothing is easy about redoing an old house that isn't standard sizes anymore. I really like the beadboard and wall color that matches the blue in the tile. I'll be so glad to be able to use it again soon.
Attached Thumbnails floor.jpg   beadboard.jpg  
Old 08-17-2022, 09:36 AM

A halloween themed candy idea: https://criativepatterns.com/wp-cont...ore-infors.pdf

Macybaby and Jennr8r -- great house upgrades!

Sewbizgirl, dad says hi back. he is very happy watching Pirates of Penzance right now. Eliquis is an EVIL bloodthinner on him. He is off of it. Made him weak as a kitten and really ditzy. I suspect that Eliquis is the reason he fell in 2018.

I hit JoAnn's yesterday for the first time in forever. Corpus Christi has a much better JoAnn's than Jackson, MS. I was searching for a rainbow colored jelly roll and found what I was looking for. There are some very special board-members-to-be that will be getting rainbow candies for the fun of it, including my grands.

Travelinggramma -- almost your bday!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful kitchen, Macybaby, as well as your bathroom, JennR8R. Our 1950 house in Memphis needs bathroom upgrade too!

Ibex, that is a literal spiderweb quilt! Thanks for the pic. Glad your Dad is feeling better off the eliquis.

I've been trying to make some donation quilts out of my scrappy blocks. I could probably do that for years and not make a dent in my scraps. Our guild accepts finished quilt or tops for charity. I'm tempted to just donate the tops and keep on piecing....
Old 08-18-2022, 03:40 AM

Sewbizgirl, I wish my quilting group accepted tops, I could then close out my UFO collection!! But alas, they don't. My local Project Linus doesn't accept just tops either. So,.I slog along to keep diminishing my UFO's. I love creating the top far more than the layering and quilting. It is hard, hard work to refrain from making tops to just hang in the UFO area of my quilting closet.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:01 AM

Macybaby, nice job. Love the color combos. We gutted and added in 96. Lord didn't complete it till 98. We were doing most ourselves, though I didhire a plumber and contractor to add the addition and close it all in. It was a trying time on marriage, but we made it through.

thanks to all who have been posting Candie ideas, hopefully the weather will change and I get back into my toy room, it's been neglected.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:39 AM

I love the house remodeling pictures! You ladies have been busy!

I haven't really bought any fabric this year at all, but I'm thinking about next years swap. I might pick up a couple of jelly rolls to use for candies. Even though I've barely sewn this year, I still want to join in next year!
Old 08-20-2022, 02:34 PM

Sounds like summer is keeping everyone busy in a good way. My favorite time of the year. Followed by spring and fall.

FYI, I mailed out the birthday candies on the 18th. You should easily get them, unless they take the scenic route. I sure hope that they don’t. LOL.
Old 08-20-2022, 03:26 PM

I just sent the September birthday information to everyone by PM. If there are any errors, September Birthday Swappers, please let me know so I can make a quick correction. We have some really speedy swappers and I don't want missing packages of little birthday treats because I posted an incorrect address.

I have my pattern ready for my birthday swap quilt. I did this last year and it created a nice memory quilt. New year, new pattern! I wonder what it may be? Humm, I smell a contest. The quilt pattern has been mentioned in this thread this year. Go searching.

Post you guess to this thread and the first swapper with the correct guess will win a prize or prizes. Whoo-Hoo!

Enjoy the last days of August. I just started raining here and it smells wonderful.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:02 PM

WMUTeach, I didn't receive the September birthdays PM. Must have slipped through the cracks! 😉
Old 08-21-2022, 04:08 PM

I sent out my birthday candies, they will be picked up in the morning. Lol!