Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 09-29-2022, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
ahwu. I didn't realize yours was not recvd. No worries. You really don't have to resend. I am not going to be home for my bd, but returning a few days later. That's really up to you.

Happiest birthday WMUteach, have a beautiful day. 🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉🎂🎂
almost forgot. Ahwu,. Yes I received your pkg. It was in the mailbox when I arrived home. Thank you, though you didn't need to.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:48 AM

For the Winter/Holiday swap, we are up to 9 participants. , with kele, Grannyrose and loveofquilts joining.

I'm going to keep the signups open for the weekend, and then I'll contact each and verify sets each want to swap, then I'll send each of you a list of who you will be mailing candies to.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Sounds great, Macybaby!
Old 09-30-2022, 03:30 AM

Macybaby, like your plan to get us swapping in time to make something for the holidays with our 2.5's.

Looking forward for some "new" ideas too, y'all. I made a forest of these trees as gifts one year, and it is time for something new. I think the original pattern was from Pat Sloan and a freebie if you missed it.
Attached Thumbnails 2020-11-3-mini-christmas-tree-4-.jpg  
Old 09-30-2022, 05:49 AM

I normally provide a couple of quilts to be given away at the employee holiday party - and it's so fun to use the candies to make them.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:28 PM

JennR8R, I mailed your birthday envelope out this morning.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:58 PM

Here's a fall pattern idea -- an acorn. The page says the pattern is downloadable, but it isn't. However, it should be pretty easy to make just by looking at it. https://thepatchsmith.blogspot.com/2...-21-acorn.html
Old 09-30-2022, 06:50 PM

I hit the jackpot of birthday greetings today. Thank you happylab, IrishMom, kele, and sewbizgirl!
Attached Thumbnails birthday-candies.jpg  
Old 10-01-2022, 03:57 AM

Default Hello October

Welcome to October everyone. It is time for pumpkin everything as we shift from sunny colors to gold, red, brown and orange shades. In my neck of the woods, the temperature is shifting downwards and the sweaters are sneaking out of the closets most mornings and being shed in the afternoon. At this moment, a cloudy mist is hovering above the marsh behind my patio creating a peaceful moment as I wait for the geese to arrow across the sunrise sky. A calm start to a new day and a new month.

Share a fall moment with us. A story, an adventure or your thoughts on the shifting to the fall season in earnest.

Thank you JENNR8R for the update of your list. I see we are more than half way to the finish of filling your basket with lovely envelopes and little charms. FYI we have only one more birthday this swapping year, in November.

ibex94 the acorn is charming and yes, I agree that it would be easy to create without the pattern. Just a little bit of thinking it out. I am guessing that the free download is no longer available because it was from 2018. But we are clever quilters and can make it using our own ingenuity.

I have had a couple of inquires about next year's swap and I am good to go again. If you are interested, PM me and I will start a list for 2023. The official opening of sign up will be posted in December and the swap will start in January 2023. I will use the information from this year's list unless your address has changed.

Have a beautiful Saturday everyone!
Attached Thumbnails linus-pumpkins-october.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 10-01-2022 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:49 AM

I received your birthday package in the mail today Patrick's Mom. Thank you so much!
Attached Thumbnails birthday-candies.jpg