Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 02-20-2023, 01:09 PM

Think I’ll get that March package ready.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:58 PM

TG -- beautiful!! Time for me to start sewing up candies. I was trying to save them by color for some seasonal wall hangings but you all and your candy quilts have me wanting one for my bed!

My March Candies are ready to go. I'll check back tonight for the address. The mailman may not be delivering today but I can pop my mail in the box.

Janice -- two more days.... I don't know how you can stand waiting just knowing that you have a bunch of little candies waiting for you.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:20 PM

A new pattern that is candy friendly -- Bee Happy

https://myfavoritequiltstore.com/col...ugqE%3D.NxC3RR
Attached Thumbnails buzzy-bees-quilt-pattern.jpg  
Old 02-20-2023, 05:29 PM

Hellooo, all. I just sent out the Birthday Swapper information by PM. No need to let me know it arrived. I can see it in my sent box.

My fun day was a trip to Shipshewana with a quilting friend to bargain shop! One of the beautiful quilt shops had 30% off any thing in the store: notions, all fabric, rulers, fat quarters, sale items, new lines of fabric and the bargain room. I bought fabric for a quilt for myself in 1930's reproduction fabrics. I have been whining about not being able to find a white bedspread within my budget, so, I will make a quilt instead. I also picked up four cuts of white on white that I use so very much. I have one piece left in my stash and it is designated for a graduation quilt coming soon to a grad near by. Like many of you, I have been shopping from my stash since before the pandemic and it felt marvelous to shop for what I wanted for myself and not what is for someone else. It feels a bit selfish but then, hey, I get to have a quilt too! I did my part to support the local Shipshewana economy. Can't imagine needing much additional fabric for a while. Tee-Hee-Hee.

Thank you for all of the new pattern ideas! We swappers have plenty of ways to use our birthday squares. As Travelinggramma said, so many patterns and just not enough time. Sew on my friends.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-20-2023 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2023, 05:56 PM

Can’t wait to prepare a marvelous March mailing!

The story behind my screen name:

When I first started playing on the internet, I went by the name “BarnRat” as I had pet fancy rats and also a horse. But then things changed, and I no longer had either of those things. I wanted to choose a new screen name that I could use on various platforms. I wanted a “made up word” that would be unique to me and unlikely to be already in use.

I played around with various hobby and animal names, and finally settled on my love of opossums (my spirit animal!), and quilting, so… Quossum. I use that name on the Pathtags site, Instagram, YouTube, Pokemon Go…pretty much wherever I participate in social media. It’s practically an “in real life” nickname for me at this point!
Old 02-20-2023, 06:00 PM

What does my screen name mean? I joined this forum and began swapping when I lived in Japan. “Gaijin” is a Japanese word which means foreigner. It is not so polite, rather abrupt. It is pronounced “guy-jean” phonetically. When I first moved to Japan many years ago, children would point at me and say “Gaijin, gaijin,” as if I didn’t know I was a foreigner! The more polite term is Gaikokujin-a person from a different country.

Deborah aka Gaijin
Old 02-20-2023, 07:34 PM

Well my screen name is not very exciting. Over 63 years ago I received the name Barbara when I came into this world. Then 21 years later I married my husband I got my last name. The 23 happens to be the day of my birth. No secrets here!
I have always wanted to change my screen name after I joined on here but after hosting the birthday swap for so long I figured it was too late to come up with something “quilty”

Barb
Old 02-20-2023, 08:07 PM

Crispy_Frog here. I do not have a particular love of frogs, although they are growing on me. My favorite cereal since I was young is Kellogg's Honey Smacks. They have a picture of a goofy frog in a baseball cap on the box. Once when I forgot the name of the cereal, I called it Crispy Frog cereal. Post makes a similar product called Golden Crisp. That might be where the "crisp" comes in. That's my screen name story.
Old 02-20-2023, 09:28 PM
Power Poster

My username is sort of self-explanatory. I've been in a sewing business of some sort for most of my adult life. But now just small time, on the side. So I'm the Sew Biz Girl.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:57 AM

My screen name is simply a shortened version of my actual name. I, like Barb, wish I had selected a different name when I first joined but after participating in swaps early on, I seemed stuck with it. Oh, well.