Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 06-07-2023, 10:32 AM

I too am a happy customer of Lolly's and Yoders in "Shipshe." And for garments, I am super lucky to be relatively close to Fishman's in Chicago or Vogue in Evanston. I usually go to my nearest LQS in South Bend, but if that shop doesn't have what I'm needing, then the selection at Yoders and Lolly's pretty much always guarantees that I will find what I am looking for. And those 2 shops don't include all of the Amish fabric shops, many of which do not have electric lighting, so you have to go during the day. Summer is a good time to go because of the longer days, and some of these days this week have 70-degree temps outside, so it's perfect for visiting the Amish fabric shops as well as Lolly's and Yoders. And a great LQS nearby is Sew Creative Threads in Elkhart (right on the way to Yoders and Lolly's for me). BUT most of the stores are not open late, as in, past 5 or 6 p.m. and none are open on Sunday. So, if you are going to do a road trip, keep that in mind. Hugs all!! (we all need hugs) ;-)
Old 06-07-2023, 04:15 PM

Yes, to Reba's hints about the shops in Amish Country. I am so accustomed to them that I forget about there hours and closed on Sunday. The Amish shops are different from Yoder's and Lollys but charming and interesting fabrics, old and new can be found. There is a Quilt and Fiber Festival in that area this week starting tomorrow. Google Elkhart Quilt and Fiber Festival for details. I do like to visit the shops themselves though and take in the local flavor.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:58 PM

Dear Team 2.5-
Thanks for all the hustle and bustle! I just got my last two birthday greetings from Laf2019 and Kele! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will be gratefully opening these up on my birthday on the eleventh!
Old 06-07-2023, 04:58 PM

Thank you to everyone! I believe I've received all my birthday packages. I apologize for not getting the list posted sooner. Life has been unsettled for the last few months, to say the least. I have received candies from:
Bjsmith
Rebaquilts
Logcabin82
LAF2019
Ibex94
Gaijin
Crispy_frog
Gannyrosie
TravelingGramma
barbarakibler23
petthefabric
WMUTeach
happylab
Patrick's Mom
Sewbizgirl
AHWU
JENNR8R
JaniceMcC
Quossum
If I counted right, that's 19. Tomorrow's my birthday and they're all here. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2023, 05:13 PM

Perfect, Kele!
Let me be the first to wish you a very Happy Birthday. Enjoy opening all of those sweet little birthday treats. Savor them and when you have time again, turn them into lovely quilts and projects that will remind you of this year's celebration.
Attached Thumbnails happy-birthday-cupcake..jpg  
Old 06-08-2023, 03:58 AM

Happy Birthday Kele from NY where we are smoked in from the fires in Canada. Amazing how far it has come! Hope your skies are clear and your bobbin remains full
Old 06-08-2023, 04:32 AM

Thanks, WMUTeach and everyone I opened all and can’t wait to use these beautiful candies. The variety is amazing!
Old 06-08-2023, 04:39 AM

travelinggramma, thanks! I was just looking at some photos of the smoke in NYC. How awful! Hope it clears out quickly.
Old 06-08-2023, 04:39 AM

Happy Birthday, Kele!!! I hope all your birthday fabric wishes come true! Aren't these birthday candies great fun to truly celebrate you?!
Attached Thumbnails birthday.jpg  
Old 06-08-2023, 07:13 AM

Happy Birthday kele!!!

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈