Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 05-30-2023, 04:45 PM

Birthday Alert! I just got two more birthday envelopes that I will open on my birthday.
These are from Ibex94 and TravelingGramma! Wait a minute! Didn't Ibex just mention above she mailed it today? We are both in Texas, but at opposite ends. That was fast!
Thanks to all so far!
Old 05-30-2023, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
Hello all. I can't figure out how to link only the picture that I want, but this link will take you to a variety of pictures (I like the one labeled "198"). Not quilts, but of course my mind goes straight to "how can I make this into a quilt?". Some pretty neat ideas for our candies. Be inspired. :-)
Geoform | Richard Purdy | Geoform
Holy cannoli, this was a COOL slideshow. I'm in love with # 240. Yes I agree these are some really cool ideas for the candies. However did you find this? It is really inspiring (and bookmarked). Hugs!!
Old 05-31-2023, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

Another vote for #240! Wouldn't that look cool in candies? But what a huge design wall you'd need!
Old 05-31-2023, 04:25 PM

Loved the slideshow! Beautiful quilts.

I enjoyed seeing everyone’s pix and links. I’m just doing some mindless sewing, making small 5 inch crumb blocks I’m surrounding with light sashing and cornerstones. Not sure what I’m making but it’s the only thing I have time to do right now. It’s easy to pick up and put down.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-31-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:35 AM

Good morning everyone.

I read somewhere on the internet that the mail will be faster due to the holiday sales and moving ordered merchandise. I will be mailing the candies out today. They are ready to mail.

The only quilting/sewing I got done this week was a QOV top. I watched movies repeats I had not watched in years. So it’s back to normal routine. House cleaning, starting garden (late), and sewing/quilting.

This week I plan to finish a quilt, start 2-3 QAL from different sites on the internet. For example if you go to anyone of the following sites and sign up for them, you will get free mystery patterns weekly and it’s free. The Laundry Basket Quilt = Weekly mystery QAL; Pat Sloan’s = June - Halloween mystery, July - Christmas mystery (both of these last a month) [these 2 mysteries also have crossed stitch pattern directions], Debbie Piecing the Past = Dresden Plate weekly (started 3 weeks ago). I plan to follow along on The Laundry Basket and Pat Sloan’s QAL. The others I will just collect pattern’s and make when 9 have time and if I like. I so love mysteries,
Old 06-01-2023, 06:03 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again, Happy Lab, when do you sleep? So much on your To Do List! Tee-Hee-Hee!

Just working on my Christmas Cross quilt this evening but will not be quilting again until Monday. Off to Indianapolis for my grandson's high school graduation tomorrow. I will be stopping in Shipshewana for fabric to finish a quilt. Then on to Indy catching up with the other grandparents, partying on Sunday to celebrate the graduate and then a return home home Sunday evening. A project good night of sleep and back to the sewing room on Monday.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

What's in Shipshewana, WMUT?
Old 06-02-2023, 02:52 AM

Oh, I forget that not every one is familiar with Shipshewana, Indiana. It is a small town that is working hard at staying small and keeping its Amish roots intact. It's in the middle of Amish country that reaches across lower Michigan, northern Indiana and across to Ohio. Wonderful quilt shops, gift shops, Amish made furniture, fresh produce, meat and cheese shops, and farms stands run by Amish families. I am going to Yoder's Department Store to pick out fabric for the back of a finished quilt top. HUGE selection and so many different lines that it is always a sure thing that I can find what I want. There are other quilt shops that I frequent too, but today it is Yoder's. I know that folks come to Shipshewana to do quilt shop hops and even quilt retreats. Lovely farm country and a mecca for quilter and about an hour from home.

I am also going to one of the Amish cheese business to pick out some interesting cheeses. My grandson HATES!!! cheese so for his graduation party I am making him a Rubik's Cube out of cheese. He LOVES!!! Rubik's Cubes and has been a whiz at conquering them and all of their variations. Just a bunch of silliness to let him know he is adored and to address his goofy perspective on life. Fresh Amish Cheese is amazingly flavorful, so the rest of the guests at his party will enjoy some yumminess.
Old 06-02-2023, 02:45 PM

WMUteach, I too have a grandson graduating HS tomorrow. He is getting boxes of CousCous from us! He loves it and requests it whenever he comes. i did sewing yesterday when he came to campground with a torn graduation robe needing a quick repair!
enjoy it all and shopping
Old 06-02-2023, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Wow, Shipshewana sounds like a quilter's dream. I hope I get to go one day. Thanks for that great little travelogue!